Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need Low end and Mid

I need so much low end i want to wheelie as soon as i go into first gear ;)

well not really but i want a lot of low to mid end :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I know that the Pro Circuit T-4 adds low end.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much HP

i hope it doesnt Decrease the Mid........ I rarely use top end ;)

on my honda iv never been passed 3rd gear and their is 5 gears...

3rd gear is fast for me on the big red ;) in first gear as soon as i hit the thorttle the thing lifts me up and i weigh A LOT

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i like low end so it can start me off well im a heavy guy so i need a good amount of low end :) i ride at MX tracks sand pits and trails and i drag on mud

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
get the hmf slip on, it adds great low end. dont get the header though cause all the header does is add top end which is useless for u

·
Registered
278 Posts
i agree on the Pro Circuit T-4. though i have heard same about the HMF. really all ya nned to do is go with the pipe you like best(even if it adds mid/upper) and then gear down hehe :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Go with your favorite...they are not too diff

so far, all of the dynographs, corrected to SAE and for RWHP have shown (with the exception of all titanium systems...little data on these yet...independent data that is) to produce about 6-10HP over the stock pipe. This is for the complete system. Slipons look to produce 2-6 over stock, depending on manufacturer.

So far, from the dynos that I have seen for stock Zs, the HP range is 28-33...I hope mine is one of the higher HP ones...

I will probably dyno mine after new years and see what the Full Titanium Yoshi race pipe did for it. SOTP (seat of the pants) dyno says it did add a considerable amount of low end, as I ride tight woods and some MX...tight, twisty...usually only getting to 4th gear....

Top speed has increased as well...cannot wait until the motor loosens up a little.

Bio1.2
out.

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Go with your favorite...they are not too diff

so far, all of the dynographs, corrected to SAE and for RWHP have shown (with the exception of all titanium systems...little data on these yet...independent data that is) to produce about 6-10HP over the stock pipe.  This is for the complete system.  Slipons look to produce 2-6 over stock, depending on manufacturer.

So far, from the dynos that I have seen for stock Zs, the HP range is 28-33...I hope mine is one of the higher HP ones...

I will probably dyno mine after new years and see what the Full Titanium Yoshi race pipe did for it.  SOTP (seat of the pants) dyno says it did add a considerable amount of low end, as I ride tight woods and some MX...tight, twisty...usually only getting to 4th gear....

Top speed has increased as well...cannot wait until the motor loosens up a little.

Bio1.2
out.[/b]
Hey Bio...you try a 13 at all? We did. But we took them off later. I'm gonna put a 13 back on Z#1. In the tight stuff...the 13 was awesome. I mean you could bog it right down...no clutch...and neither of the 2 Z's would stall. Just a neat example.

I too am starting to prefer the low to mid power range as I am heavier and I do like the more technical riding.

Also....I am gonna be ordering a set of either 22" Pro Wedge II's (or Maxxis 4-Snow's) or a set of 22" Mud Machines. Will use them for winter riding....and more. Here's a couple pics...

The 2 Tires above RULE for Dirt Drags and are GREAT snow tires. I do have a set of the Pro Wedge II's...they are shot now... :evil:

Those 22" Mud Machines above...I just gotta have some...would be great in some of the rocky and mud...and more technical stuff we do.

Sorry about going a little off topic if I did...but he did mention woods riding...being heavier...and wanting more low end...these 22" tires are part of the big equation I think...for me anyways. I'll have both of them...SOON.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Those should def make a perf diff

those tires, take your pic, will def wake up the Zs for the mud and rough stuff...

I really like the lowend pipes...being about 200# also!

Heard a lot of good things about dropping to a 13....does this make the bike want to lift the front all the time?
Some of the hills I play on would make the light front thing a little hairy!

Let us know how the new rubbers work!

A

·
0 Posts
The Z's wheelie anyways...it's in thier geometry...with the 13...1st gear becomes almost a waste...the rest are better. A little less speed (22's would counter that)...and the hills I can do in 3rd with a 13 where I had to do them in 2nd before because of being heavier.

All these light guys...they go up the hills in 3rd all the time...with a 13...I can too. But....once I put 22's on...I'd probably have to add a couple or three teeth in the rear to get the hills in 3rd again....testing testing testing.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
with the pipe kit i have, i run stock 14 tooth and hitting third gear going up comp hill at glamis. In fact, I can actually go into fourth, and maintain speed, but if i want to max my speed, i have to stay in third. DT, btw, i am only like 130-135 lbs, pretty lite, that is why i can get away with this :D

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
not for the hills, no, but i need to see if it would be appropriate to run 13 tooth for mx track. At the moment, fow how I ride it, the 2nd and third gear power band feels it's right where I want it to be. We'll see, I am going to california this next weekend to race so I will see then if I need to make any adjustments.

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW !!!!!!

KFX400 TO GLAMIS ON HALLOWEEN AND WAS DISAPPOINTED, I PUT THE TRINITY STAGE IV FULL EXHAUST, K&N.165 MAIN JET AND REMOVED THE AIRBOX LID. HOLY CRAP!!!!!
HALLOWEEN 1ST GEAR STARTS ONLY. THANKSGIVING I ALMOST COULD DO 3RD GEAR STARTS!!!! HALLOWEEN I COULDN'T KEEP UP WITH MY FRIENDS CRF450. THANKSGIVING I GAVE HIM A SCARE HERE AND THERE...NO EQUALLY EQUIPTED RAPTOR OR BANSHEE COULD BEAT ME UP THE HILL! 250R 4-TRAX WAS A JOKE...I HIGHLY RECOMEND YOU ALL DON'T GET THE TRINITY STAGEIV PIPE KIT CAUSE I WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WITH A LOW DOLLAR SLEEPER....

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
dymn dood, you dont have to shout.... :roll:

but glad to hear you are happy with your new exhaust..... kick all of them a$$es.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts