Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering what are some good priced yet decent quality nerf bars? I will be doing mostly trail riding and some minor jumps. Nothing crazy with racing or anything. Also what is you input on whether I get nerf bars that connect to the stock heal guard, or the ones that come with the heel guard connected? Thanks - Mike

EDIT:------

I forgot to add that I have skidplates attached to the main body. Will this affect how the nerf bars are attached or no? - Mike

·
Registered
433 Posts
go checkout the tusk ones for 170 shipped, other then that EbAy

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I have some AC Racing nerfs that I like. They are good for the riding I do (dunes) and I think you would like them as well unless you decide to get into some serious racing. I got them new for $60 off eBay. They were slightly blemished had no nets and no hardware. replace the missing stuff for under $20. I like the shape a lot, very similar to the tusk and some others. I later got some IMS Roll heal guards and pegs and they all fit together very nicely.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
if your not going to be doing 60 foot doubles and casing them get the tusk full for 170 on the site here. but if your going to be doing crazy stuff on them. they wont last.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've had my Tusk with heel guards and ride some very tight trails and literally BOUNCE off trees to make the next turn and have had no problems for 2 years. Just put an extra bolt through the peg mount when you get them.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
In your case, get the tusks or ac nerfs and you will save alot of money that way. Me personally would get full nerfs. I have the full pro armor fat peg nerfs and they feel solid. If I were to get new ones, i think I would try the new houser full nerfs. They have a rubber cushion ball right under the peg for more comfort on the trails. They are expensive tho.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I have Pro Aluminum's and their solid as all get out and the nets have four rungs instead of three like most nerf bars. They feel really good on my feet :]

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I ahve Pro Aluminum's and their solid as all get out and the nests have four rungs instead of three like most nerf bars. They feel really good on my feet :]
^^^ I see we've been drinkin' today:lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got the DG Race Peg nerfs with net heel guards a few weeks ago.

They are the ones that Team Monster/Kawi ran a few years back.
The fit and finish are great and they so far have stood up to my abuse.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I got the DG Race Peg nerfs with net heel guards a few weeks ago.

They are the ones that Team Monster/Kawi ran a few years back.
The fit and finish are great and they so far have stood up to my abuse.
Those nerfs look sick on the kawi 450! Can you post some pics please to see how they look on your ride:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah I can get some up tonight after work.

The best part was I got them through work out of the Part Unlimited Closeout book. I love those books, got my Lonestar DC-4's from there too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts