Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I can just wash it out with water and sqeeze it dry and let it sit in the sun to air dry, but it is below freezing right now. What should I do for methods of drying out the air filter?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use the Arctic Cat air filter cleaner (I'm sure there are other brands that work just as good) Just spray it on the filter good and let sit for a few minutes. Then squeeze out the dirt I also will rinse it out after this allthough it is not necessary. Then put it on top of the hot water heater to dry. I have allways had a spare filter oiled and in a zip lock bag ready to swap in while the other one is getting cleaned. When we go on long ride weekends I just replace the dirty filter with a clean one, this works good for me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...Thanks...Ill try the putting it buy the water heater...I dry my boots out with that...LOL...

·
Registered
239 Posts
air compressor + blow nozzle

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had it on the water heater...I had it infront of the propane heater in my shop...I had it back on the water heater...Now its sitting on the bench in my shop...lol...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Unless you don't like your motor and want crap in it, do not use compressed air to "blow dry" your air filter. Buy a K&N, it's so much easier. If you really like the foam filter, after all is said and done and it's time to dry, what will help take out some of that extra moisture is a nice dry towell. Place filter on towell on floor, fold towell over filter, then press down flat, then turn filter, move to dry part of towel and press flat again. Do not wring or twist, press flat. Other than that, the best thing to do is just have another filter around so you're not rushed to do the job the right way. Your motor will thank you in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts