Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have done lots of research on the ltr and i am trying to decide what year is best.. I have read that the 06 07 transmissions are better but the 09 has a better clutch. Plus i have read that the 06 07 are underpowered. I plan on solving that with a rs 5 full system, pro flow intake, and still deciding on using the cherry bomb or purchasing a Pim. Does the rs 5 come with the cherry bomb? Could i purchase one on yoshimura? I am coming off a z400 and it is just not doing it for me anymore, and ive always been a suzuki guy so i figured i would continue the tradition and make my 3rd bike a suzuki as well. So bottom line i need to know what year ltr is the best, and what i should pay for one. Sorry for the novel. Thanks guys.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
Close your eyes an point.. That's the best year...

Price is dependent on your location. Ill sell you my race setup>:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Send me some pictures and specs.
So theyre all crappy? I know i am a suzuki guy at heart but i was honestly considering a 09+ yfz just because they dont seem to have as much problems as the ltr..

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
Send me some pictures and specs.
So theyre all crappy? I know i am a suzuki guy at heart but i was honestly considering a 09+ yfz just because they dont seem to have as much problems as the ltr..
LOL Crappy I think you need to move to a new forum then.

I beat the living piss out of my ltrs and none of them had issues. use the damn clutch correctly and you'll be fine with transmission and shifter. There is nothing wrong with the clutches I slip my clutch all the time for woods racing and I still only have the second OEM clutch in it.

specs are in my sig and pics are all over here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts