Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I want to buy a big bore kit but i don't know which one.(thumper,yosh...) I want to run pump gas and maybe a big carb . For the carb i heard good things about the fcr 40 . I also want to have good reliability. For the bore I don't know How big (440,450,470...) does the reliability is affected a lot with a 470 compared to 440?
Please, if you have an idea on wich one is the best help me

·
Registered
49,506 Posts
well heres a list of the current people who make kits for the Z....

Trinity=440
Alba=450
Thumper=440, 470
trinity=450
CT=453
some other company to makes a 500 kit

not sure on how many others there are. But when you get to the 500 kits, or stroker kits,reliabily becomes an issue..But there all good kits. The yosh is the most $$ I believe, costing around 3k! 8O the thumper sells for around 300-400 but you also have to buy cams (400 give or take)..Keep in mind to make the kits work well, its also good to buy a full exhaust system and a new carb. The fcr's are good carbs...there is also one that we've heard a lot about, its called sudco (you can serach for it, should be plenty of topics on it), sudco is the carbs zook uses in their gixxer line of bikes. Hope i answered all ur questions.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Thumper makes the 500 kit...
Yosh 450 kit with pipe is a little more then the Trinity 440 with pipe...
CT makes good kits but as far as pricing and parts included I dont know...
Alba I'm not sure about, I havent read much about their kit...
If you going by price, check out the Trinity, CT, or Thumper...
Trinity 440
CT 453
Z400Central is right, when you start to get up to around a 500, reliability becomes in issue. The motor itself can take it, but one thing I think you would have to worry about is the cooling.
Powroll is working on a kit along with cams and a pipe.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
any of the kits though you will probly have to mix 50/50 with high test pump gas and racing gas

·
Registered
206 Posts
With any of those you will have to mix 50/50 race gas. I am in the same situation with wanting to run pump gas. If you buy Turbo Blue race fuel by the 55 gallon drum it isn't that bad in price. Maybe 250.00 or 275.00. Mixed 50/50 that is 110 gallons of gas. That would last a while.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wouldn't think you would have to run race fuel if you stayed around the 11:1 area. Anyway that is what Thumper racing told me.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is correct. You aren't getting the full increase of what you could be getting with a high compression piston. I guess it is what you are looking to do.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
FST is the 500 kit

with all of those you'd have to run race gas, and plus with the bigger piston and carb remember it will drink a lot more gas too. I'd say any of the kits are reliable up to the 470

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys
Can i have a 440 or 450 kit with a 11:1 piston?
How will be the performance compared to race gas? big difference?
What is the best carb ? fcr 40 ? anyone tried one?
Thank you very much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts