Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
perform,,,,its time iam bored with my power,,,,i am looking into either the tc racing kit or thumper racing..anyone have a kit already?how do you like it ???what the h.p thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm Jason, AKA jster171,, I have the Thumper kit 12.5:1 piston,, portwork,,cams,,carb etc... runs WAY better than stock. Today I ran a Banshee that was lowered,stretched with Sand wedge tires. We ran on a dirt road, its long enough for me to top out in 5th,, not quit a 1/4. I dont know what he had done to it other than exhaust which was obvious. He was beating other stock chassis banshees and all 4 strokes to give you an idea of its performance. On the start he pulled me outta the hole about a bike length,, through acceleration I eased past him,, once I topped out I looked back and his front tires were just BEHIND my back tires and he was closing on me,, he had more MPH. We had to shut em down before he could get by. He woulda passed me though. That'll give you an idea as to how it'll run if you do what I did. Once I get bored with this set up,, I think I'm gonna do the 470 kit from Thumper,,, they are great people and very helpful. I dont know how much HP I have,, I'd guess close to 50 at least.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i wanted to get the 470 if iam going to get in the engine i want the 470,,i would steer away from fst500 kit,dunlapes products are w00ter

·
Registered
189 Posts
I talked to the Thumper guys today cause I'm thinking of upgrading. They said its a simple re-sleeve,new piston upgrade and it'll have quit a bit more bottom and mid but not as much in the higher revs and top speed would be less than now due to the bigger piston pumping up and down unless you change the stroke. In a drag race scenario he said that the 470 should out accelerate the 440 for sure,, but,,, due to the bigger power he said it'd be a traction problem. I already have a traction/wheelie problem now,, If I'm not careful,, a stock Z will jump me outta the hole cause I just litterally blow the tires away. I would never have believed it cause a Banshee spins the sh!t out of the tires and launches pretty good. But,, I guess due to chassis geometry,, a banshee hooks up better. According to the latest Dirtwheels,, they say a Z has traction problems anyway,, especially once modified. So,, I think I'm gonna hold off for a while and enjoy what I have. I mean,, it really does rock,,, trail rides and sand dunes it just rips,, and in a drag race it takes something built for strickly drag racing to beat me.. as of now anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts