Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my cam in half on my 05 z400 so while I got it apart I am going to put the 440 Big bore kit in it with stage 3 hotcams. Does anyone know how they run with that just caurios

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
They will not work well at all because there's no such thing!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Does the exhaust cam have the auto decompression on it? If so they're NSHC's and there's only one version of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 05 with wisco 440 bbk the piston is 12.?? Compression DRZ base gasket. In/ex old style hot cams head is shave about .007". Open aluminum air box with K&N filter. Full CRD exhaust system. Carb is jetted for the mods.

Its my first quad and It's fast as Hell. My cousin has an 03 z400 that is stock and there is a night and day difference between the two

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I broke my cam in half on my 05 z400 so while I got it apart I am going to put the 440 Big bore kit in it with stage 3 hotcams. Does anyone know how they run with that just caurios
Do you have a full exhaust already?
I'm pretty sure with stock intake and exhaust you will get very little out of those mods. Also like stated, no stage 3 Hotcmas that I know of. Some one's selling you snake oil....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks i dont know about the hotcam I asked my mecanic what the highest stage hot cam I could get for it he said he could get a stage 3 so i dont really know about the hot cam

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If he is telling you that I would suggest finding a new one.

·
Registered
479 Posts
true i called hotcams about my bike when i bought it gave them the numbers on them. they told me that my intake was stage 2 and my exh. cam was stage one with (auto decomp) I asked if they offered anything more and i had the biggest they offered. not sure which i have though old or new style?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
No auto decomp on the old style, and both cams are the same. I'm pretty sure that stage 1 is only one cam, and it's considered stage 2 with both.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
biggie is correct.

OSHC stage 1 = installing hotcam intake cam and leaving the stock exhaust cam
stage 2: install both hotcam cams.

and for NSHC there is one grind as well to my knowledge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry mudslinger I got the best mecanic in the area for motor work if he rebuilds motors for pro racers I think he knows what he is doing

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I'm with mudslinger... Your mechanic is blowing smoke up your _ _ _. If he's rebuilding motors for pro racers, he wouldn't be throwing hot cams in your big bore.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
your specs are perfect, dont check them. if they were in spec with stock cams they are without a doubt perfect with the new cams.

its really a PITA to check them anyway, and they almost never go out of spec so i only check mine once a year.

if pro's are using this guy, i'm sure he is legit. pro's keep their machines running 100% so they dont have any room for errors or down time. what area is he in? does he have a business or just does it on the side? im looking for a new guy to do my rebuilds.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
your specs are perfect, dont check them. if they were in spec with stock cams they are without a doubt perfect with the new cams.

its really a PITA to check them anyway, and they almost never go out of spec so i only check mine once a year.

if pro's are using this guy, i'm sure he is legit. pro's keep their machines running 100% so they dont have any room for errors or down time. what area is he in? does he have a business or just does it on the side? im looking for a new guy to do my rebuilds.
Yeah, I'd like to use him as well. Hook us up dude.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dont go throwing your mechanic under the bus!!!!! stage 3 is offered for alot applications so to some extent he wasnt lying! He may build alot of other stuff besides zukis! hell even when i called hotcams they explained it wrong!
So do some research dude cause this site from what i have seen in the past 2 weeks since i bought my z is absolutely priceless!! props biggie and a few others that have schooled me lately!! love ya

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Dont go throwing your mechanic under the bus!!!!! stage 3 is offered for alot applications so to some extent he wasnt lying! He may build alot of other stuff besides zukis! hell even when i called hotcams they explained it wrong!
So do some research dude cause this site from what i have seen in the past 2 weeks since i bought my z is absolutely priceless!! props biggie and a few others that have schooled me lately!! love ya
Offered for alot of apps......but not the Z. Was he going to charge him a little more fot the "Stage 3's"?
You're right, he probably wasn't lying but should know what he's talking about it he's takin' money from people.
Just sayin'
Hot Cams Products, Inc.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Sorry mudslinger I got the best mecanic in the area for motor work if he rebuilds motors for pro racers I think he knows what he is doing
My point is, you want someone that knows the z motor picking your parts and for someone to recommend a cam that doesn't exist would make me question how much he knows? Maybe it was a mistake? If he has been around for a while he must have worked on 100's of z's and should know what cams go in them.

But hey, buy up some stage 3's and while your at it get a 98mm piston and some +3 valves while your there!!! Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts