Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery on the Z has finally given up on me after over 2 years. I read on here before that you can use a bigger battery but can't find it on the search function. What do you guys recommend to use?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
warrior battery i believe

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I have been using the YTX14-BS or equivalent. It is a higher cranking battery and fits great. You just have to flip the mount over to use it. I put some 3/8" tubing split in half along the edges of the flipped mount to prevent it from cutting into the battery. You will also need some longer mounting screws. Pretty easy conversion though. I have one in both of my 400s.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have been using the YTX14-BS or equivalent. It is a higher cranking battery and fits great. You just have to flip the mount over to use it. I put some 3/8" tubing split in half along the edges of the flipped mount to prevent it from cutting into the battery. You will also need some longer mounting screws. Pretty easy conversion though. I have one in both of my 400s.
That's exactly the one i use too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
14bs is perfect i had a bikmaster 9bs in mine when i built the 470 couldnt even get two cranks out of it .. Switched to an energizer 12bs from walmart .. It starts my bike and powers everything no problem now but i should have went as big as possible since these things have no kick start!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Have you looked into the Antigravity Lithium batteries? Super tiny but put out amazing power. I have a 8 cell Antigravity. It weighs ~2lbs and puts out almost double the cranking amps as a stock sized battery.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Seems like I remember someone talking about using an electric wheelchair battery in a previous thread? Or am I thinking of something else?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would definitely look up lithium batteries also, they are tiny and light if you get one that is about same size you should have a lot more power in it then a regular battery
just remember to also buy a new charger that can handle lithium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts