Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was wondering what the biggest size rear tires will fit. Will 22's fit without hitting mudguards? how bout 24's?
What size have people put on their z's?

preston

G

·
I know people that have put like 22's on there Z. The holeshots XCR's. They did the same thing in a dirtwheels for the Baja 500 race. I am curious about that two. I was looking for about the same size tire a 20 for mine. Why do you want to know? What are you thinking of doing? Let me know.

Knowles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to ride in snow a lot and want some more rear ground clearance. I was thinking that maybe with a longer swingarm you could filt bigger tires.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I am going to upgrade the rear tires to 22x12x9. This will get my quad level. I am willing to bet with the ten percent different in tire size will create 10% power loss, so I am also planning on taking a tooth out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
holeshot XCR's are 20 inch the xct's are 22 but i think you can put 24's on safley anything biger I dont know and i got a pair or the XCR's and put them next to the Z's stock tires and it was 2 inchs smaller and xcr's are 20 huh just try to find someone who has some and match them up

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
22's fit no problem. A 13/40 sprocket combo puts it back to stock gearing, although a lot of people with 22's have said that they still want to go lower due to either trail riding conditions or the extra "meat" or weight of the tires. I'm planning on going with a 13/42 when I put on some 22 inch mud machine A/T's. You can always get more clearance from your heel guard simply by bending the frame towards your heel. You may even be able to throw on some 24's then, hehehe, I wanna see pics if you do! That would be sweet.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, i have a pair of 22x12.5x9 ITP Blackwaters that i use for mud and they work great, probly would work good in snow too.....i'll know in about a month :D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
no, on a 2 wheel trive quad it doesn't matter, if it was 4 wheel drive, you'd have to have all the same height, otherwise it would screw up you differential......but no, you could put whatever size fronts you wanted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts