Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently bought an fcr 39 from a 05' YFZ 450 and mounted it on the bike. But I can't get the bike running and it was running just fine with the stock carb. I have fmf slip on, stock filter and cdi. 150 main, 42 pilot jet
Help please

·
Administrator
7,734 Posts
Have you checked out the carb, to make sure it's in good, working condition?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. Yes, I bought the repair kit and it's okay. Can it be the hose ( cutted from a radiator hose) that connects the carb to the engine too long?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. Yes, I bought the repair kit and it's okay. Can it be the hose ( cutted from a radiator hose) that connects the carb to the engine too long?

·
Super Moderator
4,143 Posts
Yes, stock petcok must be in prime and the vacuum line on the petcok plugged. Most convert it to a raptor660 petcok so you can have an “off” position.

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
Can it be the hose ( cutted from a radiator hose) that connects the carb to the engine too long?
That intake hose length wont be the issue. Verify there is fuel in the float bowl, with the drain screw. Try to start it by spraying fuel/ starting fluid directly in the carb. You probably have a jet plugged, idle too low, or an air leak between the card and head if it wont start. You will also be checking for a stream of gas being shot in when you open the throttle, but it can be hard to see.. You can flood things pretty fast. Try it with a new plug if the plug is wet.. Fuel should be fresh as well..

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
radiator hose is not going to cut it . gas will brake it down . get some gas neck filler hose . 1 7/8 ''

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I recently bought an fcr 39 from a 05' YFZ 450 and mounted it on the bike. But I can't get the bike running and it was running just fine with the stock carb. I have fmf slip on, stock filter and cdi. 150 main, 42 pilot jet
Help please
Not sure if you fixed it or not. Anytime i remove my carb or drain the bowl it want start till its primed all the way. I have a clear line from tank to carb to see. The smallest air bubble keeps it from starting. Oh and the pitcocks are really bad on these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts