Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group, I been chasing down an electrical issue. I keep blowing a 10amp fuse. I down loaded wire diagram and it doesn't reference the 10amp fuse. Only the 20amp fuse on starter silanoid. Any idea what this 10amp fuse is protecting or what it goes to. This would give me a better starting point.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
If your diagram is for 08 and earlier carb models, then you’ll only find the 20amp fuse. Are you sure you have the correct diagram? It looks like FI models have 2 of the 10amp fuses: one for the fan relay and one between the ignition switch and kill switch.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Rules prevent me from posting the manual here, but if you google “2013 Z400 wiring diagram”, the second link is to “manuals lib” and it’s on page 71.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your diagram is for 08 and earlier carb models, then you’ll only find the 20amp fuse. Are you sure you have the correct diagram? It looks like FI models have 2 of the 10amp fuses: one for the fan relay and one between the ignition switch and kill switch.
I found the 20amp up front under finder for the fan. I also have a 20 on what I believe to be the starter. Then another small fuse box with a 10amp. When I put my meter to it I'm getting a ground to the bike. One wire is orange and yellow the other is black with red tracer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK another question. Looks like cooling fan relay... Would this cause fuse to pop soon as you push start button? Ran out of time today. But imma gonna disconnect radiator fan when I get a chance see if it still pops.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Sounds like you’re on the right track. Fan could be smoked as well as temp sensor.

Reactions: CFM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts