Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo tonight i was riding on my track and i was goin pretty fast and making hard turns and crap..... well all of a sudden it started bogging out, ..... so then i filled her up with gas and it did once more then i stopped riding,....? ANYONE KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT OR KNOWS WHAT IT IS???

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Mine does that right when its about to run out of gas.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know what your talkin about. Mine did it one day at the MX track. I was going through a real tight s-turn section which really makes the bike go side to side, and it seemed like I ran out of gas all of a sudden. As soon as it did it, it started right back into the rpms again. It's like the carb is starved for a split second or something. It does it every once in awhile, but only in that section of the track. I too also checked the gas level and that was not a problem. Could the fast side to side moevment of the bike cause the carb to starve for a second? Can anyone help!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Could be vapor lock. Try not filling up the tank as high as you usually do. Also, check the gas cap vent hose. Make sure it's not clogged.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Could be vapor lock.  Try not filling up the tank as high as you usually do.  Also, check the gas cap vent hose.  Make sure it's not clogged.[/b]
The gas was about half tank, and the vent hose is clear on mine.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i havent checked since it happened but i dont think mine is either.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That's odd, I haven't encountered that one,.....yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys,
my bike was doing that right after i re-jetted. anytime i turned the bike sharply, it cut out like it was starved, or maybe flooded. it turns out that it was flooding momentarily. when i re-jetted, i didn't notice that i had pulled the choke cable tight. so, when i turned the bars, the choke plunger was pulling back and allowing the carb to flood. you can check to see if your carb is doing this by removing the vacuum slide from the carb and observing the behavior of the choke plunger through the peek hole in the top of the carb. the solution is simple. just give the choke cable some slack in the direction of the bars, making sure that the choke plunger remains seated when the bars are turned in both directions. i hope this helps.

Z-Kwad

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I experience the same problem when riding whoops.... I can hit this 1/2 stretch of whoops and somewhere half way in the between in fourth gear pinned it will choke on me and start to sputter. sometime it will clear itself out, other time I have to switch the knob over to reserve to get it off of vacuum to get it running right....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Z still cutting out?

This might be a totally different issue, but I was talking to a guy who had similar problems. He took his in to the shop and they found small black pieces of plastic in his carb, probably from the gas tank. Once they were removed the problem was fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts