Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a setup that lets you control all brakes with just your right hand?

they seem like an ideal set up for me because i rarely use the foot brake.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Linked brake technology hasn't made it to quads yet. I know of a lot of street bikes that have this, but no quads. Maybe you should create something and market it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
but then if you're on a hill and just need the fronts or just need the backs, you're gonna flip, never saw the point in those

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Polaris' have had it for years.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You should talk to Z400ACDC. He has done this to his bike himself, as he has a limitation requiring this. Its done very well, and works. Give him a pm, or maybe he'll see the post and reply. Both his brakes are linked to the front hand brake, and he put an extended braided line to the rear b/c of the distance.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hey ZUKI!! Yes, I have Run a BEERS pro brake system on my quads for 10-12 years. I have not seen it for sell in years though. If you run a steel beaided line from the front master cylinder to the rear brake it works almost as good. It DOES NOT feel like the polaris. This set up is great for trail riding. Only negitive, when you want rear brake only So you can back it in a corner on a MX track.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
All 4-wheel drives are linked together when they are in 4-wheel drive if you read your owners manual on the Z it even says when its in 4-wheel drive braking accurs at all wheels (for those who dont believe me pg. 37). its due to the direct drive shafts used in the 4-wheel drives

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Polaris' have had it for years.[/b]
yeah my buddy's 700 polaris has this setup comes stock with steel lines.
which got me to thinking about it again ,I always wanted one about 8 years ago when I did alot of racing.
If there was a way to set it up 60/40 ,,60 being the front and still have a foot petal for just the rear brake on special occasions :p it would rock

·
Registered
112 Posts
Arctic Cat quads have the single lever brakes as well as Polaris. Both also have a mechanical foot brake for a back up just incase the hydro system fails. I liked this setup for the most part but there are times that you would want just front brakes.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I don't use the rear FOOT brake. Bill Balance and I have tried to come up with a solution so you can use the rear brake with the front/rear combo. No luck yet. Both systems feel mushy. For now,I have taken the foot brake off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts