Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at the brake pedal on the Z, you see two springs; one for the brake pedal(the big one) and there is a smaller one...every now and then I see that the little spring is not on the brake pedal, so I put it back on, but it always come off again...does anyone know what that little spring does?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Without looking at it,at work checking the posts, I think it is the rear brake light switch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The little spring is for the brake light. People have been talking about the little spring popping off. I forget how they fixed it but I was thinking about just bending the loop at the end so it wouldn't pop off.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mine came off too. It's the rear brake light. There are various different fixes but I just moved mine over to where the return spring is and that keeps enough tension on it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When it first came off i thought about putting it with the bigger spring, but i just put it back on where it came off of...tommarow ill probably just pinch the end of the spring so it wont come off the peg again...

·
Registered
794 Posts
I was wondering what the hell that thing was!!! I just see it dangling and wonder if its important, and i now know why my brakelight doesn't work when i use the back brake.

Later

·
Registered
660 Posts
i hear alot of people bending the spring. that's not the way to do it, all you have to do is turn the "adjuster" nut to loosen or tighten the tension. the nut is grey in color, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ahh, I didn't know that thrshr thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL...the other day I checked it out, and the front brakes made the light go on, but the rear didnt so I put the spring back on, and pinched the ends together so it wont come off, and the brake light came on...the reason my dad never noticed it before while riding behind me is that we ride with the lights on...lol...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts