Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone doing for break in? the dealer told me 1/2 throttle for 1 hour and then ride it like i stole it. but the book says 10 hours, who is right? as of right now i have a little over a tank through it, about 3 hours and i have the throttle limited to half because i couldnt control myself
: please help, i really want to crack it open, but i dont want to do anything detrimental
anthony

·
Registered
773 Posts
i waited 4 days of 5 hours each. remember to vary the throttle all the time, dont just keep it pinned at half throttle. about 10 hours is good enough, it was easier for me to wait a little more because when i broke it in i was with my uncle on a polaris on tight slow trails.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would stick to what the owners manual says. 10 hours at half throttle. You can't go wrong. You'll find that 10 hours flies by, I did it on a week-end. Then you can open up!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You're also supposed to between five and twenty hours depending on who you talk to, have your valves checked as we don't have hydraulic setups like some cars do. They sometime do need adjustment. I had this done at a dealership shop so if there were any questions as to if my warrantee is good, then I'm covered. I didn't spend this money to get screwed by a technicality.
l8tr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts