Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, im bout to get my Z ina couple weeks :twisted: , and this will be my firstnew quad, my 300ex was used when bought, so what all should i do to break it in? and what should i do after? change the oil, oil fiolter etc etc, err what?

·
Registered
773 Posts
with new bikes, i tend to change the oil after the second tank, then after the fourth tank, then not for a while. i just like to make sure twice that everything is "working". youre not supposed to go full throttle for a while, i think its something like 8-12 hours. as you are riding, vary the throttle, dont just gun it or just sit at 2 mph. everything has to have a chance to heat up and cool off together.

that may be a good start. good luck getting the bike!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks dude :D i was wondering why it wasnt working lol, and figured it was prolly geocities, but i didnt wanna setup a new upload place for a Av, thx :D

BTW, im glad u used my idea about the main z400 pic, the sketch with the measurements :D if u need any help, or want advice about the site or forum GFX ill be glad to help, also, if uwant to make another forum style to choose id make one :D i havnt madeone before but just tell mehow many buttons and stuff to make and ill do somthin:D

·
Registered
970 Posts
What Aproy does is what I do. 2 tanks and not a lot of high RPM usage untill that first oil change. Then I start to get on it after I check everything over.
People don't talk much about watching you machine, looking it over and getting to know it. I'd pay close attention to how it runs so you know what to do to make it right later on.
Make sure ethings are tight. Look at your plug to learn what it looks like from the factory. (read it)
Stuff like that. (take it apart to see how it works) :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Suzuki recomends 10 hours under half throttle. Its rally hard to do this but the easiest way is to set the throttle limiter to 1/2 and don't let it idle for a long time cuz u'll ruin the rockers. And don't hold a constant RPM too.

Later

·
Registered
221 Posts
thats a good start. i would just take it to the dealer for the first check-up, then you can do the rest yourself.

dave

·
Registered
773 Posts
Suzuki recomends 10 hours under half throttle.  Its rally hard to do this but the easiest way is to set the throttle limiter to 1/2 and don't let it idle for a long time cuz u'll ruin the rockers.  And don't hold a constant RPM too.  

Later[/b]

thats not a bad idea, i never thought of that. i guess i just like to cheat once in a while.
:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well heres what I would do, Ride it around for ten minutes keeping different rpm's but dont lug it in two high or two low of a gear and try to vary the rpms but dont go past 1/2 do this for 10 minutes let it cool, then 20, then 30, ride it after that but dont go past 3/4 on the throttle until you get a good 10 hours on it, Then change the oil and the filter and your off at the 20 hour mark you should get your valves checked and have fun and enjoy your new ride. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts