Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother bought a stock carb'd 08 z400. After we started playing with it noticed the throttle would stick and rev up if you turned the steering etc. Got to looking, and the holder for the cable on the carb end is broke off almost flush with the carb. Looking on diagrams it looks like this piece isnt replaceable but I found another thread saying it is. If it is, where can I get another one if all that needs to be done is press the old piece out? Attached a picture so its clear what piece im talking about

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
trust me when i tell you this is an awesome opportunity to dump the stock carb and buy a FCR carb for you quad. its considered by most people the best mod for your quad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I almost put in the post "yeah I know FCR right" didnt think the first reply would be that though. Its like every person who replies to stock carb problems are salesmen

·
Premium Member
12,454 Posts
Yeah I almost put in the post "yeah I know FCR right" didnt think the first reply would be that though. Its like every person who replies to stock carb problems are salesmen
I agree. Not everybody has to have an FCR.
The stock carb works fine. The FCR just works better.

That said, your best bet is probably to either fab something up or look for a stock carb cheap on here or on ebay.............or get an fcr.

·
Super Moderator
4,999 Posts
Most people throw them away, so finding a bad one to rob parts from should be easy enough.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If you have an old throttle cable laying around you can also do this. I did this for a buddy since we didn't have an extra junk carb around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, does anybody have a photo of the orginal setup on the throttle cable housing, i.e. how the the cable and all the part look on the end as it attaches to the carburetor? I am missing at least the part that sticks into the housing. I have the threaded part and it was just taped to the end of the throttle cable but the cable is not attached to the housing.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Bumper Machine
Gas Auto part Automotive tire Machine Automotive lighting
Hand Crankset Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle chain
Motor vehicle Auto part Wood Comfort Event
Sleeve Thigh Knee Wood Waist

1 - 9 of 9 Posts