Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on building some jumps? I have a 25ft long double and the lip of my jump never wants to stay! It always wears down with only 3 or 4 jumps. And then I can't clear it coz I don't go high enough! Has anyone made a metal kicker ramp? If so, how did you do it and what were its dimensions, I want to build one. Thanx

·
Registered
723 Posts
use clay on the face of your jump if you can and dont ride on the jump till after a good rain and before you use it pack it down with a roller or rent a vibratory packer thing they use for concrete,or cheap route use a shovel ans smack the face of the jump tight.
Viper

·
Registered
230 Posts
rent a vibratory packer thing they use for concrete,[/b]
They don't use it for concrete.....just the bed before they make a pour.

It's called a turtle tamper or you can rent a jumping jack (wacker). Any rental shop worth the stuff will know what your talking about. I recommend RSC since there Union.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do what Viper said. Smack the top w/a shovel all around till it's packed real tight. Then water it down w/a hose or wait for a good rain. Then pack it up once again and it should hold for hours upon hours of jumping. It's what I've done to all of mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what I do.....i smack the crap out of it with a flat shovel and then I let it sit for a week and it rained 3 days straight then 2 more days ...I went and jumped it and it still went down I need some clay and a backhoe!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I see clay was suggested to mix in for the lip of the jump, and that will work great if, you do not use too much. The motocross track where I ride has gotten away from using clay, and for about the last year it has been using calcium carbonate. This is the same fine white powder that they use on the baseball fields, to keep the boxes in better shape. A 50 lb bag goes a long way and it really helps to keep our soil together. Talk to your loca greens keeper about it, they may even give you some to try.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
that's some awesome air jguetter, wish I had a jump like that, should have my double finished soon though

·
Registered
22 Posts
put some old carpet over the jump!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts