Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my friend got a Raptor (it's already in the shop- reverse didn't work right from the dealer :D ) and he was telling me all of his plans for it. Money isn't a problem- he's dumped over $6000 into a Blaster before. I figure that I'm gonna need some major mods to keep up, and still out-handle him. I was thinking +2+0 A-arms- who makes these?? Also, Works shocks w/out rezzies, and the rear shock revalved (where can I get this done??) What's the best rear axle? What's a good, but resonable 440 kit? I like the CT- seems like a good buy, but are there any others?? I don't need the best stuff, but I don't want it to break. I don't race, but I may start next spring (2004). Any suggestions, or tips, or anything are appreciated. Please also tell me where I can get this stuff. Thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well if your friend has a raptor and has deep pockets to modify just put a 440 kit and hope you can keep up, in straight up drags he will beat you if he goes big bore but if not you will be there with him, but from the sound of his insane ways of dropping 6k on a blaster just dont even bother trying to keep up, just remember our quads will out handle a raptor any day

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
go with a 13.5:1 trinity 470 kit. I think that is 60hp dyno'd. If you want the top of the line z400 with the best chit, look at my signature, it will give you a general idea of what you can do.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Zhvonte, What is the update on the damage of the wrecked Z400? What were you able to save? How is your friend doing in the hospital? I see you still have the Z400 motor mods in your sig, have you decided to build a Z engine again? :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just do the standard mods and ride... if you only ride straight roads and top speed is the problem, go get a VForce. If you ride trails, a good rider on a Z should be able to keep up to a raptor, no matter the mods.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's mostly rider, and we just ride for fun, but he's pretty good too. Zvhonte- I certainly don't need all the top of the line stuff like you had/have! It's really unfortunate about what happened to your Z, cause it would've been really nice! The Trinity is pretty pricy, and it doesn't include a carb, like the CT kit does. How bout Thumper?? And who makes +2+0 A-Arms?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I picked up my quad today, the engine still works fine, still have the same compression, ect..... I will be shipping it off to trinity sometime this month.

As for my friend who got hurt, they done 5 surguries on his right leg, still have one or two more to do before they will release him from ICU. He is still there because of the bacterial infection risk. They are keeping constant monitoring on his leg for this reason. As far as the rest of the injuries, its stable and time is going to be the only factor....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
a little off topic, but do trinity's big bore kits need to be run with race gas? i want a 93 octane big bore kit and hoping trinity's the one! is reliablility an issue with a 470?

as for a arms, all depends on how much you are willing to spend. the best are roll design hands down, but there are a lot of companies making a arm for a z. houser, lonestar, janssen, alba, bugard, gibson. there are more, but these are the most popular

·
Registered
18 Posts
the big bore itself doesnt tell you whether race gas is needed its the compression of the piston, when you talk to trinity just ask them if they can put a piston that is still running on 93 but remember you will not get all the benefits from the kit without the high compression piston

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read a Dirtwheels today that had a report on the Thumper 440. Sounded nice, and reliable. I also read about the Mickey Dunlop FST 500. Both sound nice, but I don't know how reliable a 500 would be. How 'bout them +2+0 a-arms, guys?? Who makes 'em?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts