Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any expierence with the different cams available for the Z. I noticed WP has the Hot Cams. Was the power increase noticable? Worth the money? etc....

Thanks,

·
Registered
379 Posts
Way worth the money. They let the bike rev out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What is involved in doing cams?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WP, did the cams lose any power throughout the powerband and have good top end or did they gain across the whole band? I need some more power for the dunes. The Z can hang with the bolt-on raptors on flat lands but when you start to climb huge dunes with xtreme grade angles the raptors big cc's really start to show.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know someone that did it.

I know a guy that put cams in. He did add pipe and jet. I hear you don't have to add pipe. For trail riding, you only need to the intake, but if your planning on racing, do both. Performance wise, it really adds some kick over just the exhaust upgrade. Worth every penny.

He had the suzuki shop do it, and installed the hot cams.

Kevhead.
Zoom400

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cams are easy to install, it is the shim sizing that takes some time. You will gain a bunch more top-end, but I added five degrees to the intake to get some more mid.

·
Registered
489 Posts
cams & dyna ignition

Way worth the money.  They let the bike rev out.[/b]
what stage cams are you useing also does the dyna box move the rev limiter up to around 11,000 rpm like the drz bike did you install heavy duty valve springs

·
Registered
540 Posts
TC racing sells 2 drop in cams for $420.00

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
drop in cams? like you install them and have to do nothing else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts