Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Alba K&N/adapter kit. The Z was of course running crappy after drilling out the pea shooter and putting on the Alba kit. The reason for this post is to tell you all how frustrated I was when trying to unscrew the screws at the bottom of the carb. They were basically putty. All the heads of the screws got damaged. I ended up taking the whole carb off the quad, replacing the cheap Mikuni screws and replacing them with nice, larger head, stainless screws. Now I have to re-install the carb. I'm at sea-level, how does a 145 main sound?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think they put those screws in there so the threads dont strip the carb threads. I too stripped out my screws. I bought some turns outs from Sears and basically drilled the head off. I put allen head screws back in.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When I drilled out the pea shooter and put in a Uni-filter, I had a 145 main jet. You will also need to remove the noise baffle from the end of the snorkel or you'll run rich rich. Cutting a small hole(s) in the airbox lid helps (up to a point, then you start running lean). I have an extra 145 if you want to save some $$ and aren't in too much of a hurry. I can mail it to you and then you can pay me when you receive it (as long as you promise to pay me)

BTW: don't forget to put anti-seize compound on those steel screws or you'll pay for it dearly in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts