Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Miley - 2004 Ltz 400 Lexx mxe, 13.5/1, stock jetted carb, head gasket mod
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone please tell me where this carb hose goes to? Only one port on the snorkel and that goes to the black box and as far as I know this is an air hose so clueless right now. Thanks!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
I think that is the one that hooks through the intake horn from the airbox, snuggled right next to the gas tank. Not sure if you still have yours in place?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly where it goes!
What does it connect to it's from the carb it's an air hose so my only guess would be to the air box but either I'm blind or just misunderstanding u or does it not connect to anything and just hang loose? It can't be going to the black box that's all connected up and no port on the snorkel so 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
What does it connect to it's from the carb it's an air hose so my only guess would be to the air box but either I'm blind or just misunderstanding u or does it not connect to anything and just hang loose? It can't be going to the black box that's all connected up and no port on the snorkel so 🤷‍♂️
Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Green

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does that help you?
It connects to the snorkel that connects to your air box intake.
That snorkel lays on top of your gas tank towards the rear of your gas tank.
Do you have that snorkel attached to your air box intake?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's why I couldn't understand haha. I don't have that snorkel at all I just have the airbox with the lid removed and the airbox tube. I guess I'll just try to find a cheap small air filter for the tube and route it up thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well that's why I couldn't understand haha. I don't have that snorkel at all I just have the airbox with the lid removed and the airbox tube. I guess I'll just try to find a cheap small air filter for the tube and route it up thanks!
If you are talking about putting a small filter on the hose you were trying to find out where it goes, no need to put a filter on it. It does not have a filter on it the way it is hook up to the snorkel.

If I didn't have the snorkel and wasn't going to get one, I think I would just tape it to the top side of the gas tank at the back of the tank.

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
I have a ? What causes the coolant hose to bust ?
Not sure why this is posted here, but my guess is old age. I think the rad would expand before a good hose would break, if the pressure was too high, ask me how I know this..

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
How do you know this?
Ha ha, Got me! I turned a perfectly good radiator into a fountain by installing a high pressure cap on it. Hose held fine..😀

1 - 12 of 12 Posts