Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 ltz400.. Bought it cheap. Has alba exhaust,kn filter and lid removed. Po says its bored and aftermarket cams but i doubt it.any way it had a bad stumble half throttle and above and when hitting the throttle quick.itll stall if you hold it wot. Carb had a 47 pilot, 135 main and had a needle with 4 clip positions on the bottom clip. I shimmed the needle 3mm and it was better but only alittle... I got a new ebay mukini clone and bought a mukini 25 pilot and 155 main.. Come to find out the needle is the same so i think the original carb was also a ebay carb.
The new ebay carb with the 25 pilot and 155 main acts the same way.. Are these carbs really junk or should i look else where for the problem?

·
Super Moderator
3,590 Posts
Try putting the lid on the air box, or tape it up, see if you can richen it up enough to run as a test.
Can't say whether those cheap carbs are junk or not, but I would think you could get it to work with the right jetting.
Could still be a touch lean with the 155 and open box W Exhaust..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it the way it sits so no lid... I took the tank off to check timing but was spot on. Also pulled the plug and was charcoal black with carbon build up... I read that the ebay carbs do run rich but i ended up ordering a oem mikuni carb for it. Just wait till it comes in and check it out.also got a new oem plug and coil as the boot was all stripped and wasnt making good contact

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have exactly the same problem , putting bigger main jets in didn’t help it. I have K&N filter and Lexx exhaust. The jets i started with and I am running again are 150/60/25. I wonder id there is something wrong with the accelerator pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a used oem mikuni from one that had a tps sensor on it.. I cleaned it ,I put in my 155 main and 25 pilot and left the start jet alone. Already had a adjustable needle on 4th clip so i left it... I installed in. Let the fuel soak for about 5 min and she started right up. Warmed the motor up and now shes a beast.... The ebay mikuni clones are junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts