Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a white bros. e-series slippon k&n jet kit and k&n filter> The dealer says it will cost 150-200 bucks to rejet my quad and about a week to do. Is this true, or can I do this myself?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Short answer is, if you have to ask, it is true. They're getting that from about $12 worth of parts and maybe 4 hours labor. If they're doing it on a dyno, it is almost worth it. That's the only way to truely get it spot on. But, I bet that $200 they're charging they'll spend 30 minutes on it.

Long answer is, if you have time, patience and the willingness to learn and take your carb apart a few times, then spend the $12 on jets and a new needle and have at er. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Close to same setup here too

Odd to see this posted, as I was working on the jetting for mine today, and here is what I came up with.
I also have the E-series slip-on, K&N, no airbox lid, and hotcam on the intake side.
I bought a needle from Alba and installed the main jet WB sent with there pipe, which is a 165. With the needle, I put the clip on the 4 setting from the top.

I have not fully had a chance to run it long enough to get a reading off the plug, but just running in around the yard seemed to be a very quick and responsive setup. Will know more on Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Kevhead
Zoom400

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short answer is, if you have to ask, it is true.  They're getting that from about $12 worth of parts and maybe 4 hours labor.  If they're doing it on a dyno, it is almost worth it.  That's the only way to truely get it spot on.  But, I bet that $200 they're charging they'll spend 30 minutes on it.

Long answer is, if you have time, patience and the willingness to learn and take your carb apart a few times, then spend the $12 on jets and a new needle and have at er.  :)[/b]
Thanks, I am curous what you find out on sunday, also will this void my warrenty?

·
Registered
300 Posts
My Jetting Outcome!

Took the quad out today and it's the first time to really give it out and open it up and I have one word, WOW!
:

Just a backdrop as to what I have done so far. Intake cam, White Bros E-series slip on, no lid, K&N, and carb needle on 4th slot and main jet at 165.

After running it, the plug check confirmed that the 165 jet was not enough. Even riding it, sure made it seem like it wanted to go faster, but was not getting the gas it needed. I was unable to move to a bigger jet, because I didn't have one, but will have to try a 170. My buddy is in the process of installing the MBRP slip on and they are recommending the 170 with no lid and a K&N.

The low end is just awsome, and can't keep the front ends down. The quad just is so much quicker over stock, it's amazing. I swear you need more gears in this quad, as you hit 5th way too quick.

I hope this helps you decide on where you need to go, as I feel it's dialed in at the low to mid but a jet away from being right on the top end.

Kevhead
Zoom400

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I belive what your saying. after finally figuring out my idle problem I got a chance to run it hard yesterday and today. With just the CFM box and a Unifilter and peashooter knocked out the 155 main jet and need at 3 and 1/2 does not feel like enough fuel. Feels great down low and midrange but the bike seems to fall flat on me around 7k or so. So I can imagine with a real exhaust system it's going to require at least a 170 if not a 175. I'm sure some of it's dictated by elevation but at my whopping 6ft above sea level I can't seem to get it enough fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts