Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Z has been sitting in one spot for about 5 months because its not running. I stopped trying to fix it because I just gave up. I wanna ride it really bad, so I went out the other day to mess with it and I noticed no fuel is running through the fuel line to the carb. I have a clear fuel line so I can usually see the fuel going through it, but none was flowing. Any ideas or suggestions for a fix? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
89 Posts
It could really only be a clogged Petcock. From the gas tank it enters the Petcock and then goes to the carb. It could also possibly be a venting issue. I would take the fuel tank off and Petcock and inspect it for gunk and try to clean it out. If not a Raptor 660 Petcock would be a good upgrade. And I highly doubt that 5+ month old fuel is good. You need to clean it out before it starts junking up your carb.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to turn it over. Like I said, it hasn't been running so it didn't start all the way. But I noticed while trying to crank it over that no fuel was going to the carb, so I thought that might be why it hasn't started.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Turn it on prime see if it flows if not pull off the petcock clean and retry make also make sure the gas cap vent isn't plugged

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
^what he said. If it doesn't stream fuel on prime, then ditch the petcock for a raptor petcock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
whats so good about the raptor petcock?

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
whats so good about the raptor petcock?
It's a manual petcock, not vacuum operated. It's much simpler, provides better flow, and does not fail like the stock petcock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I kinda had similar issue the other day. Mine fuel don't flow thru the main on position. Only thru the reserve. But I could just be silly an not have that much gas in it. The petcock is very basic and easy to take apart and clean.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
That was 7 years ago. I hope so, or I’m sure he’s given up by now. 😂

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Many don’t report answers to their problems once they fixed it. This one is very common and we all switch to a Yamaha Raptor660 petcock and plug the vacuum line that comes from the carb. It has an OFF position which ensures your engine doesn’t fill up with fuel and flows more fuel than the stock one. Just make sure it’s an actual Yamaha part, not the Chinese version found on EBay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts