Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
1. i have dvx400-same as ltz400-drz400 , 2007
its only start with carb spray , when its cold , then its run perfect , and start with a touch in the starter
for long as it warm.
fuel reach the carb , and when i open the side of the carb which go to the engine i saw that there is a bit amount of fuel in there, not enough to start tho.any thoughts?

2. i have some weird noisein the engine, who goes away when i push the throttle, do u think its related to cam tensenior?

·
Super Moderator
4,133 Posts
The starting problem you described sounds like a symptom of valve clearance being out of specs.
If the noise sounds similar to rattling a can of spray paint, then the valve timing chain is probably stretched out.

Go to Tools, Advanced Search, and look for valve adjustment and checking timing chain adjuster to see how to check both.

Oh, and the DRZ valve train is a bit different the the DVX/LTZ.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The starting problem you described sounds like a symptom of valve clearance being out of specs.
If the noise sounds similar to rattling a can of spray paint, then the valve timing chain is probably stretched out.

Go to Tools, Advanced Search, and look for valve adjustment and checking timing chain adjuster to see how to check both.

Oh, and the DRZ valve train is a bit different the the DVX/LTZ.
another thing , why its start with spray carb tho to the clearence?
also when its warm it does start with only the starter

·
Super Moderator
4,133 Posts
As valves are going out of clearance specs (becoming too tight), it tends to still start when cold. As the valve itself warms up and expands a little, it makes the clearance even tighter. Eventually, it won’t start at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As valves are going out of clearance specs (becoming too tight), it tends to still start when cold. As the valve itself warms up and expands a little, it makes the clearance even tighter. Eventually, it won’t start at all.
aight
iu wanted to do the valve adjust alredy, i ordered the shims ,will update after im done :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
It could also be a stuck /dirty choke, not letting it cold start..

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
if i checked tha valve gaps, at the tappat, and its out of the limits , its probbely the valve adjsment , aint it?

Yes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so while waiting for shims to arrive,we bought another dvx400 for a friend, and i noticed that the oil tank cap/dip stick , is way longer then mine, i have puted like 3+ liters in the last oil change , seems odd to me back then , might explain the noise from engine , and thhe fact that there was some oil in vacum line.

any1 know how long the stick should be , and how much oil supposed to be in dvx 400/ltz400?

·
Super Moderator
4,133 Posts
If you put more than 2000ml in it, it will usually blow it out of the crankcase breather. Still, not a good idea to put too much in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts