Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Small vice grips work, yep I guess I did not understand, if you trying to get screws out of carb then vice grips, if you are trying to put lock washers on then just buy them where you got the screws, probuly cost two cents????

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the bowl there are 4 lockwashers.
Here is a link to the cover, #33 is the plate the 2 screws are holding down. #35 are the screws, if you look closley at them you can see the lock washers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I dont see a link anywhere

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
no lock washers on mine either, and my carb had never been opened. Did you buy socket head screws or button head screws. When replacing mine on my stock and on the FCR i bought the stainless socket head screws because they are the strongest and least likely the strip out, I figured I'd strip the allen wrench before the screws. :cool:

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Still don't see any lockwashers..........I just took one apart that had never been opened up and I'm pretty darn sure there were no lockwashers. You are talking about the 4 screws that go to the bowl right?
Either way I don't have lockwashers on any of mine and I've never had one come loose.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yogi where did did you find them small ss socket head screws? i cant find any small ss stuff at any hardware stores around me?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 4 on the bowl and and if you open up the link I posted, part # 33 that cover has 2 screws and they for sure have lockwashers. You can see those 2 if you zoom in. I bought it used so he probably added the 1s on the bowl.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There are no lockwashers. I assure you from working with factory part diagrams that if there was lockwashers, they would have a separate part number. Stop worrying and don't use them.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
yogi where did did you find them small ss socket head screws? i cant find any small ss stuff at any hardware stores around me?
I was able to find mine at a good Ace Hardware that has all the boxes of stuff. I don't have stainless on any but my FCR and the hardened black ones work fine.
Check a bolt place. We have a place called SoCal Bolt right down the street that has just about everything.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
yea definitely no lock washers or any washer for that matter on the stock bowl screws. they dont even show them on the bikebandit.com link you posted. you dont need them.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Got them at the ace hardware locally. They were in separate bins above the normal ones with the more common screws.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Check to make sure your intake boot does not have any leaks and that your throttle cable is not routed wrong and pulling on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts