Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this mod in the forums, shortening the carb spring, and was wondering how many of you guys have done this ? My carb is currently apart (rejetting) and am going to do this. Just curious as to who has done this and if you think it made a diffrence.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
From what I have heard it makes a pretty noticeable difference.. I have not yet done it even though it is in my signature (i plan to do it when I install my Raptor petcock..)

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
From what I have heard it makes a pretty noticeable difference.. I have not yet done it even though it is in my signature (i plan to do it when I install my Raptor petcock..)
Selling wolf tickets with that sig, huh? :lol

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I have your credit posted in my mods on my quadhub profile, check it out.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I did have your credit in there at first Spize, but due to some BS rule that you can only have 500 characters in your sig or something like that, I had to compress my mod list which meant that your credit went goodbye.. I'm not sure how I am going to fit my future mods in the list???

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I see........there's alot of stuff in there that could have been removed before me......:lol

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow spize, you got removed before a mod that he hasn't even done yet.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Alright Spize, changed up my signature just for you buddy...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did this today, it's the bigger cover with two Phillips screws right? I cut the spring one coil and stretched it back to original length.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You're supposed to cut 3 coils and stretch it a little

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well my quad has no top end currently or I'd have posted feedback already. I thought it was just one. maybe I'll try one first, then three and see if changes anymore. Someone else that knows there bike really good should try this, I've only had mine about a month and have ridden it once so I won't be able to notice the differences as well as some of you experienced guys.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think youre on the right track starting with one and seeing how it feels with this beeing a new mod and all. With this being kind of a new mod it may take some trial and error. You can always cut more off but never put more back on. I would try it, but I have already switched to the FCR carb.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
This isn't a new mod at all..its been around since the z has been around..many people did it with the stock carb including me..I didn't notice much difference at all. MABYE a tad bit more instant kick but i think I was just looking for the power.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I figured, just trying to spark a little enthusiasm to experiment.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
You guys can add all your mods by making a profile at quad hub like some of us have done. Mine is posted in my sig. Its a pretty cool way of showing off your z.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts