Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know i'v been keeping the forums hot with questions but i figured this was the best place for answers. so when i bought my 06 z400 the guy told me he did the 440 big bore kit in and i was just wondering with the big bore kit if its recomended to upgrade the carb to because it looks to be the stock carb is still on it.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
That would be a very good idea even without a bbk. The fcr carb is a great mod to do with significant gains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks. and i need to change my head gaskets. is there different gaskets for the bbk or just stock gaskets work?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Well, if you really do have a 440 big bore, you are going to need the 440 gasket for it.. the stock gasket is designed to go around the perimeter of the stock cylinder bore.. You need the larger gasket that will go around the perimeter of your current setup..

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
The kit should come with the right gasket unless you are buying a sleeve, then it may not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bbk is already in it. I figured you'd have to get the bigger gasket just making sure before I go buying stuff. I'm still new to all this. When I was younger i'd just take everything to the shop and now I'm trying to do everything myself and I bought the wheeler the way it is

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Definitely a good way to same dough as long as you don't mind taking your time and learning how to do everything the right way. This is a great place for help though, most members here have stripped theirs z's down to a box of parts and built them back up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea money saver and I figured if your going to ride it might as well know what to do when something breaks. thats why I have so many questions, I want to kinda know what I'm doing before tearing into it so it doesn't sit in a pile of parts for ever

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I hear that! Well you came to the right place, welcome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thank you yogi! yea sounds like everyone here knows what they are talking about, thats why I signed up. And I'll try to use the search more lol but sometimes I can't find the full answer I'm looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts