Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u think would be better a Eldabrock Quicksilver Carb or a FRC39 OR 41 depending on the big bore kit i get

·
Registered
189 Posts
FCR 40mm is said to be the ticket. I got one and I love it!! Got it from GT Thunder. Works GREAT on the Z and he sends you everything you need which isnt much,,new boot and an adapter that goes from the back of carb to the airbox,,also a cable. $550

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but im not planing on getting an engin kit that big to need a 40mm frc maby like a high compression piston or highest ill probly get is a 416 kit

·
Registered
189 Posts
The stock 36mm is to small. Theres guys putting 39's on basically stock 400EX's. On the contrary,, the Z in last months Dirtwheels had a 500 kit in it used the stock carb. ALOT of choices will work,,,,,but,,, for the best all perf,,the 40 is said to be it. Hell,,,it comes stock on a HONDA 450 MX bike. Different this and different that,,but still 450cc

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok but still would u go with the elbrorock or frc 40mm frc

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what would fit the eldebrock (Sp) alba now sells them look in the lates issue of dw in the alba advertisment

·
Registered
384 Posts
a carb for a 2 storke is alot differnt than a 4 storke. you need the fcr for the accelorator pump. the lectron and pwk keihn dont have that and dont perform as well on a 4 stroke.

if i were you id go with the fcr 39 it almost fits perfectly. but the edlebrock is a good carb + you dont have to buy jets or rejet.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep it has no jets i dont know about the needles though

·
Registered
412 Posts
carb

I had an edlenbrock carb on my 400 ex they gain power I think they lose a little bottom though there nice but there too finicy it seems everytime you go riding you have to adjust it then you get it running tops and have to change it again next time alot people with the edlenbrock also told me the same thing.Go with the fcr I'm going to get one for my z.Ryan

·
Registered
593 Posts
the 36mm isn't to small!!! it is all in what you want to do. the bigger the mm of carb the more top end rated it becomes. maybe the 36mm is to small because of what kind it is but a 39mm in the same carb is only giving you top end, now......

any acceleator pumped carb is a whole different ball game. i ride the dunes and could give one w00ter about top end. i want my mids to be STRONG so i ordered a 36mm acceleter pumped TM carb. like the 44mm on a gsxr. the ventury chamber is the key and the bigger it is the more top end orintated it is. just something to keep in mind when you order a carb. you can change the top end with sprokets with the same 36 mm carb only acc.pumped and get really good results through out. don't get me wrong, the 39 mm will make the Z go like hell, but for a dune runner you have to set-up a little differently.

just wanted to let you know carbs and sprokets and suspension set-ups are specific to what you are trying to accomplish, just don't bolt on a 39 cuz the rest of the world is.

later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts