Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to my uncles the yesterday, and we were bringing the Z and the Polaris 700...We wanted to bring both without having to put the quad rack on. What we did was put the Z in first, and stant it on the grab bar and slid it until the tires hit the back of the bed. We strapped it down. We then put the 700 in the back with the tires on the tailgate, the middle of the tires where on the space between the tailgate and bed so we had a few inches of tailgate left. We will probably be doing this again, and Im posting it to let people know if you have an 8ft long bed truck and a tailgate, they can get a Z and a big utiltiy quad in the back...

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I've seen people stand both quads up so they can close the tailgate. Your way works just as well, as long as you strap 'em down good.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have seen it to i believe a saw a picture one time with 3 stood up in the back but then again that could be my imagination

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Polaris is a big quad...If we had 3 sport quads we probably could stand them all up...

·
Registered
239 Posts
we had to fab up some metal ramps to run the tires over my wheel wells in my ranger's bed for the KFX...talk about a tight squeeze

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Metal Ramps???
: I gots a 95 Ranger and I ride my Z up into the back of it with enough speed to carry over/through my wells. I've got some dents in my wells now, and they get a little bigger here and there. I figure it's just custom for my quad now. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
my friend and I just built a hitch hauler for our quads. Just slide it in the reciever load the quad and go. to quads no trailer. Plus its sweet if you want to go and leave you cover on the truck.
:

·
Registered
169 Posts
How do you turn the gas off to stand a Z up like that? I know my ex leaked if you didnt turn it off!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just don't leave it on prime. The gas doesn't flow unless there's vacuum from the engine to suck it into the carb. So, "on" it will not leak. But it will leak out of the carb until the bowl is empty. That's no biggie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts