Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put a over rev cdi on my 2009 ltz 400 but I’m having trouble finding one . All of the ones I can find are for 03-08 but no 09 my quad is fuel injected so it’s different than the previous years that are carberated I was wondering if any of the others were compatible or if I had to have a certain one and where I can purchase it at ??

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
A couple things...

If you raise the rev limit on a stock engine, you’ll probably never reach it since it stops making power as it hits that RPM. It’s also not recommended unless you upgrade the valve springs to handle the higher RPMs. I’ve seen something about swapping a 2009 LTR CDI, but it requires some changes to make it work, not bolt-on.

Still, it wouldn’t do much for you since the engine won’t gain much (if anything) from it and could be catastrophic.

·
Registered
624 Posts
2009-up LTR 450 ecu's will work without any changes. you will gain nothing as only the cherry bomb will make the revs go up
and you need to change some wires in the diag plug to make the cherry work.

2006 to 2008 ltr 450 will not work without some wiring changing and an external fuel pump relay installation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts