Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the site - It looks great !
Question - have many of you changed to real bars [renthals] - looks to me like you need to do something with the instrument cluster - I was thinking of mounting the lights ect... in the front hood of my KFX - kind of like the 400EX has. I'm sure some of you have made this mod. and am interested in your results.
Thx,

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
look in the general forum i have a thread about my thing and pics too :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
the dash will fit under the crossbar pad, thats how i have mine. it is tight, but you can get it in there.
ac

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blasterkid -- That's What I'm Talking about ! That is exactly what I was picturing ! Now, whats all this stuff about having to use "Fat" bars?. The stock bars look like 7/8 inch std. size which is what the set of rethals I am planning on using are. I will be taking mine apart today & check it out....
Thanks for the response & the relocation you did looks real clean.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
are u using like the ones with out a brace or with brace like ---/ this i have the one with out and if u use them u will have to use different bar clamps

ps ur welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - It's done ! I used my CR250 renthals -- I made a 1/4" Alum plate & made a "dash" this plate goes under the bar clamps, extends out & has the Ign. & lights mounted. Looks great, works great ! I elected to go this route instead of drilling the factory plastic - Just bought so OEM plastic for my 1986 Tecate & it's bucks to replace!!! so. thought I would try this instead. really turned out great. Might be see this on Ebay ....

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
what size bit do u use to drill the holes in the plastic for the three indicator lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts