Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do this? What equipment are you using?

How much are you guys getting charged at your local shop to remove and replace tires? Anyone just go to a local auto tire changer?

I didn't see any balance weights on the wheels - these things aren't balanced like car or street bike tires/wheels????

·
Registered
660 Posts
you can buy bead breaking tools or do it the old fashioned way and use a hammer with a flat side (used for breaking beads). tire spoons are cheap but a good set of prybars work well. you don't need to balance these tires cuz you ride it off road. it doesn't matter if it's perfectly balanced or not, it's not going to be smooth. :wink:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Trick for breaking the bead.

My dealer said to just put the tire on a piece of carpet, Find a 2x8, place it on the tire so it is right at the edge of the rim, and drive a truck up it while someone holds the tire.

I have not tried this so I can't vouch for how well it works. May damage rim or tire. So be careful.

I take my tires to a local tire shop and they change them for $5 a piece.

·
Registered
10 Posts
once u get the bead broken down, its easy. i just use 2 big flat screwdrivers to remove the tires and put the new ones on. to break the bead, we have a air powered bead-breaker that i use.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Trick for breaking the bead.

My dealer said to just put the tire on a piece of carpet, Find a 2x8, place it on the tire so it is right at the edge of the rim, and drive a truck up it while someone holds the tire.  

I have not tried this so I can't vouch for how well it works. May damage rim or tire. So be careful.

I take my tires to a local tire shop and they change them for $5 a piece.[/b]
my friends dad tried that....it wouldnt break the bead......and it was a big truck lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts