Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out guys, GREAT prices from Zbros racing, I would be all over that if I had my Z. I bet you could get the swingarm with linkage, carrier, a-arms and steering stem fro $800 if you buy it all at once.
Just wanted to let you guys know of the great deal.
Anybody have a LTZ/KFX400?? - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
SWEEET. I just called and left a voicemail....and text him. Maybe I'll send an email too. :eek:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I'm duneripper over there, don't know why I chose that, I made the account before I had the ltr. You guys can call me chino over there, that's what everyone calls me in real life too :lol

Man I wish I still had the ltz to buy all those sweet parts for less than the cost of the a-arms alone!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw smokedya2, I tried the 08 cams, I don't have it tuned perfectly yet because I have the stock exhaust and I'm still playing with the PC3 but I can feel and increase in torque, it pulls a bit more on the bottom end. Top end decreased a bit but I think it's because of the stock exhaust. It wont really be a fair comparison until I get a replacement muffler from Yoshimura but an increase in bottom end is noticeable. Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Just talked to them...this is all Long travel stuff but Im still about to pull the trigger. Looks like I can get the swing arm (+3/4"), linkage, carrier, and an Exit X2 long travel shock setup for my weight for ~$1000. I was about to pull the trigger on a Lonestar swing arm for $750...then later on do a GT Thunder rebuild for ~$400. So I'd be in a standard travel for about $1150 or just drop the coin on a LT setup for ~$1000 right now. Ive got the coin. Now I need someone to talk me into it dropping it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just talked to them...this is all Long travel stuff but Im still about to pull the trigger. Looks like I can get the swing arm (+3/4"), linkage, carrier, and an Exit X2 long travel shock setup for my weight for ~$1000. I was about to pull the trigger on a Lonestar swing arm for $750...then later on do a GT Thunder rebuild for ~$400. So I'd be in a standard travel for about $1150 or just drop the coin on a LT setup for ~$1000 right now. Ive got the coin. Now I need someone to talk me into it dropping it.
DO IT! Deals like this don't always come up. Exit shocks are good shocks and the rear shock will be made for your needs. You would be getting a long travel set up for less than a ST set up PLUS you will have a NEW aftermarket shock and not your stock rebuilt shock. You can sell your rear shock and maybe get 50 bucks back. PLUS you don't lose riding time while your shock is getting rebuilt. Do it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow I just realized I'm a post whore:shocker:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
DO IT! Deals like this don't always come up. Exit shocks are good shocks and the rear shock will be made for your needs. You would be getting a long travel set up for less than a ST set up PLUS you will have a NEW aftermarket shock and not your stock rebuilt shock. You can sell your rear shock and maybe get 50 bucks back. PLUS you don't lose riding time while your shock is getting rebuilt. Do it. :cool:

I hate you....but Im calling the bank now to transfer the funds to my checking account. I think Im going to do it.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's tempting. The whole reason why Im wanting a new swing arm because Ive managed to break 3 adjustment bolts and have gotten sick of the crappy adjustment and know I'll eventually break a case. Heck I bent a shift shaft just this weekend. While it's a hell of a bargain, $1000 is alot of coin to drop on a hobby that just last month I was thinking of getting rid of. I still might hold out for a used standard travel. I'll need to think about it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
well if you do decide to go with this setup let us all know how it turned out

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I didnt. I ended up buying a Houser long travel swing arm and Elka shock and linkage for about $400 less than what this wouldve cost me.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Awe man. The Houser swinger is a nice piece, bit the service from Nate and the guys at Z-Broz is top notch. I think you'll be happy with your new swingarm provided you get the rear shock set up properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts