Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get flamed to search, I did so and did not didnt find the same or similar setup.

I have a 2004 z400, all stock with the exception of an fmf powercore 4 slip on, k and n filter with outerwear and no lid on airbox. dropped front sprocket to 13 teeth.

My elevation is 1500-2000 feet where i ride weekly and looking to get the proper jetting done without paying my local shop 175 to rejet. will be getting powerbomb header in the next few months, and know I will have to rejet again, but wanted to get running right while i wait for the header, so would also appreciate jetting help with the header as well. Also, which jet kits do you prefer?

thanks for your help in advance.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I bet I could find it.............
Get a dynojet kit and follow their instructions. Then you'll have the needle and more jets for later when you change your mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applaud you if you can. I have been searching off and on since 830 this morning. Thank you for your help suggesting the dynojet, i was torn between that and the FMF jet kit. I just want to get back in the dirt!

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I understand the FMF kit is a rebranded dynojet, IIRC. There's also the JD jet kit which is a little more complete but also little more expensive.

Have you played with the fuel screw yet?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mukini 25 pilot and a 155/160 main. I'd start with a 155.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help i greatly appreciate it and hope to post pictures soon. Bought the bike cheap and been working on it often, would like to trade up for a 450 but impartial to the z/kfx 400's

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Funny, found this on the 32nd post.... Your slip on is basically a modified stock exhaust, you don't get anything but noise out of it.

Carb Type: ---> Mikuni (stock)
Main Jet: ---> 146 Dynojet
Pilot Jet: ---> 22.5
Fuel Screw: ---> 3.5 turns out
Needle: ---> Dynojet 3rd clip
Airbox: ---> Stock airbox with no lid and no snorkel. Homemade outerwears.
Pipe: ---> Stock with modified peashooter.
Engine Displacement: ---> Stock
Cams: ---> Stock
CDI: ---> Stock
Altitude: ---> 1800 ft.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Biggie, I am claiming ignorance at this point as I didnt know that it would be the same as modified exhaust, I was looking for FMF Powercore 4. However, I am glad you called me out, after looking at your build, I am getting more ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
It's cool, you'll learn more, plenty to learn on here! Tons of things are already covered, but some are vague, and hard to find. Feel free to pm for any help.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Biggie, I am claiming ignorance at this point as I didnt know that it would be the same as modified exhaust, I was looking for FMF Powercore 4. However, I am glad you called me out, after looking at your build, I am getting more ideas.
I'm not saying a thing.......:cool:but there's a little bit of everything in there.

You can also do some searching and find the Dynajet install instructions then convert Dynojet to Mikuni size doing a little more searching...

If you were to use a Dynojet, you'd be in the 150 range (140 or so Mikuni). No need to do the pilot yet but if you're in there you could bump it up to a 25.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not saying a thing.......:cool:but there's a little bit of everything in there.

You can also do some searching and find the Dynajet install instructions then convert Dynojet to Mikuni size doing a little more searching...

If you were to use a Dynojet, you'd be in the 150 range (140 or so Mikuni). No need to do the pilot yet but if you're in there you could bump it up to a 25.
I read every post in that thread and found nothing that translates to my conditions. :)

Stock, no lid, 8000-13000'+ elevation. There's only 1 or maybe 2 people that have posted in there that ride above 6500'. The highest I saw was someone at 8000 or so that wasn't happy with their setup, IIRC.

Although, I'm pretty sure I can get dialed in with just the fuel screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts