Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would dearly love to find a clamp on style air filter for my Z-400. I have seen a clamp on adapter advertised but no mention of what air filter to use with it. I don't trust the sealing set up of the stock Suzuki air filter in the conditions I sometimes ride in. I would prefer a Uni foam style filter that clamped on, that would be ideal. The Uni website doesn't show how its filter mounts. I wish to keep the airbox stock other than what it takes to mount the adapter ring if possible. Any Z-nuts out there been there and done that?? Thanks, dudes :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pro Design makes the best filter flange and filter for the Z. The flange is threaded and doesn't require nuts to be in you way when installing the filter. Also, the Filter is off centered and extra large for the most surface area. Finally, it is a dual stage with an other foam filter that is removable. I installed my filter about 3 months ago, and only cleaned the outer filter because the inner has never gotten dirty yet, and I race GNCC.

Pro Design Rules!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wondered why Magic Racing sold their power packages with a Pro-Design filter. Does it flow as much air as a K&N filter?

If so, this sounds like the way I'm going to go. Also, do you keep the lid completely off, for the most HP, since you race Zracer?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
rather than pay the $65 alba wants for there adaptor just buy a 400ex air boot. all it takes is a little modifying of the air box and you will be able to use a ex clamp on filter. the boot is like $13.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have 3 1" holes in my Lid and it flows great because of its unique airfilter design. Once you see the filter in person, you will know what I mean. The filter design was well thought out and there is no filter like it available. The main reason is because the filter needs to be offset so it doesn't touch the side of the air box. the Z airbox boot is off to the side more so than a 400EX and a standard filter would sit up against the airbox itself, which reduce the airflow and will increase the risk of mud or water penetrating the filter because it will have a place to rest and soak in. The Pro Design filter is so Large that you will need to cut out the piece under the airbox lid to make room for it.

Magic Racing shoulc have them in stock, and they are about $95.00 or $99.00 I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts