Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those wanting Clear Guard headlight covers go to
http://www.clear-guard.com for info and pricing. Best bet is to call Clear Guard at 814-763-1550 and order direct. IF you order from their website itself the only shipping option there at this time is FEDEX and expensive. Call Clear Guard direct and tell them you want sent via regular mail and they will at a reduced price. They do sell on eBAY but the bidding price there will almost always be close to the price, the same or more that you would pay ordering directly from Clear Guard.
Clear guard light covers, tinted for a Z400 / KFX 400 will run you $26.95 plus a few $ postage if you order direct. Great product offering!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Install hints - Clear Guard Clear/Tinted Headlight Covers

I installed Clear Guard Tinted Headlight Covers today on my KFX400. I spoke with the owner of Clear Guard the other day and got the following install hints and have added a few of my own. MY install went great and the tinted headlight covers look GREAT! Hints..............
1) Clean both headlights with alcohol right out of the bottle.. not diluted
2) If its colder then 60 degrees out warm both lights up with a hair dryer (NOT/NOT a heat gun) so they are just warm to the touch
3) Have a spray bottle filled with 25% isopropyl alcohol and the other 75% water. If it is colder then 60 degrees make sure this mix is warmed up
4) Check Clear Guard headlight covers to be sure they fit properly and to familiarize yourself with where you will place them on your headlights.
5) **Get a helper it is helpful from this point on**
6) With headlights at 60 degree temp or warmer, spray lights with your mix of alcohol and water that is in the spray bottle. Now spray both hands with the same stuff til your hands are SOAKED with it. Being sure your fingers are very wet, peel the backing off the back of the first lenses cover. Only touch the very edge. Your wet fingers will not stick to the lense cover glue so you will not mark/get finger prints on/ruin lenses cover. Spray headlight again with solution AND also spray the sticky/glued side of the Clear Guard light cover. Place gently/lightly the Clear Guard lense cover on the light without pressing down and real close to where it will finally be. It will kind of float abit. Once you have it where you want it start from the CENTER of the Clear Guard light cover and using the provided squeege, GENTLY squeege the light cover so that any bubbles and your alcohol/water solution are pressed out from under the Clear Guard light cover. After you are sure you have all the solution and bubbles out, use a Soft, clean, dry cloth to wipe the light cover making sure all edges are firmly glued down. Use the hair dryer on low setting now to warm up and even activate the glue more. Do not get to close to the light cover with the hair dryer / do not over heat! Now, proceed to the next light and repeat this procedure. Install is easy / easy for most anyone if you take your time and use the hints above. Again, a helper is nice but not a must.. Take your time..
**Most Important hint is the wet fingers and floating the Clear Guard light cover into place on a layer of the solution! ** This hint also works when applying graphics on bike plastic, etc.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE
sounds cool......could you post a pic???[/b]
Will try to get a pic up by tomorrow. The smoked tint does look great! The seem to block about 30% of the light as the Clear Guard rep told me. Still get plenty of light through..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Anybody else tired finding the cutout on the link because i cant find anything close ist nothing but links HELP PLEASE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
spam?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,239 Posts
This is from 2003
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
hey it was TJ who dug it up from its grave .... TJ is a grave robber
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
I can't ban the thread owner... I can ban tj though :lol jk
that would be some chit lol haha "that will learn ya not to grave rob"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,453 Posts
yeah, how do these guys dig this WooterWooterWooterWooter up? I mean, what are they looking for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
yeah, how do these guys dig this WooterWooterWooterWooter up? I mean, what are they looking for?
i guess he isnt happy with his head light and looking for a head light cover. contact GTO, they make em for cars, maybe they make em for quads to lmao.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top