Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i searched the forums and found nothing that really satisfied me. i noticed on my last ride that with the clutch lever pulled in and the quad in 1st gear it would slowly creep so i knew the clutch needed adjusting. today i just put my new starter on and started it up, kicked it into first gear and it died. i let it run for a bout 5 minutes and let it set to check the oil and it was low, but still on the stick.

so i adjusted the adjuster thats about a foot from the perch and made it so tight that i couldnt even shift it into frist from reverse. so i loosened it up some and now when i shift it, its like a feather light kick and it will go into gear. is the bad? or should i make it a little stiffer to get into gear?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you read the book their should be a half inch of play in the lever before the cable engages. Also look at the lever on the case and make sure it travels all the way and returns all the way when released. If all of that is good then maybe time for a clutch or some other problem exists.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts