Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body else have problems getting their KFX... not Z but KFX400 clutch cover satisfaction recall thing..

cause i cant find one part of kawasaki that says they are doing this customer satisfaction thing for us!... I am un able to find any info for us about it! all im able to find is the American suzuki one... which is not valid for us...supposedly... any one else have problems?!

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Mar 18 2009, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733002
Does any body else have problems getting their KFX... not Z but KFX400 clutch cover satisfaction recall thing..

cause i cant find one part of kawasaki that says they are doing this customer satisfaction thing for us!... I am un able to find any info for us about it! all im able to find is the American suzuki one... which is not valid for us...supposedly... any one else have problems?![/b]
I know my quad has the clutch cover recall done to it, I called Suzuki and they told me it was done when I gave them the VIN number (did this before I bought it).

So I would assume Suzuki is doing it in Canada as well.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea.... they where going it for Suzuki... but when I called suzuki about my kfx400 they told me to contact kawasaki since they arn't with kawasaki anymore... and when I called kawasaki about it... i got shut down... saying there is no such thing (yes i said it was a customer satisfaction program) I even showed them the paper that talked about it... but the paper clearly states suzuki and nothing about kawasaki... called suzuki back again all they said is to contact the representative from kawasaki and see what they can do...

contacted representative multiple times and never returned my call...

so i know they will cover suzuki's... but refuse Kawasaki... even though they made the kawasaki kfx 400

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Oct 9 2009, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=761853
Yea.... they where going it for Suzuki... but when I called suzuki about my kfx400 they told me to contact kawasaki since they arn't with kawasaki anymore... and when I called kawasaki about it... i got shut down... saying there is no such thing (yes i said it was a customer satisfaction program) I even showed them the paper that talked about it... but the paper clearly states suzuki and nothing about kawasaki... called suzuki back again all they said is to contact the representative from kawasaki and see what they can do...

contacted representative multiple times and never returned my call...

so i know they will cover suzuki's... but refuse Kawasaki... even though they made the kawasaki kfx 400[/b]

Dam, that sucks. Maybe try calling a U.S. contact and see about getting it done that way. Kawasaki should cover the recall though, even though the partnership is dissolved they should still honor it.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
well as sad as it is, you may have to buy another clutch cover off of ebay or something. I would keep trying tho. Maybe you might get somewhere. Did you buy it new from a dealer? if so, maybe go down there and talk to them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I talked to a the US kawasaki business cause I dialed the wrong number... told them the problem and they said to contact the Canadian "kawasaki" and ended up transfering and left a msg... then from there on all down hill...

Ltzguy... i bought my clutch cover from kevin i think.... a while back... this thread is mostly to see if any one else in Canada have a problem doing this..

From the looks of this for me it seems like they wont honor the Customer satifactio program now that they are split up again... big loss on my part especially since I did not get anotice and ended up finding out with a entirely blown up engine.

I wonder what they would even do if I went to them with a blown engine due to that problem

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i wonder if you called suzuki and gave them the VIN if it would come up as a suzuki? if not, i would take it to a suzuki dealer and have them do the swap. if they say its a kawasaki because of the plastics, just say you like green better. but, i dont know if the VIN would come back as a kawasaki or not.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea... I was thinking that... but didnt work... comes up as a kawi....

I wish I had my bro's bike around when it happend cause I would of just slaped his plastics on my bike and brought it in...all I would have to do is hope they dont run the vins until after the work is done... but even then... dont know what would of happend because my engine was blown from that corrosoin.... it ran a good 30 min with milky oil I would beleive.... It stalled on me in the trails for no reason.. was scared but it started right back up... kept going untill it died down again... this time i checked everything out to notice i had no coolent... looked around to see if anythign was leaking.. no dice changed the oil and bam... so i brought it to the mechs to have him clean out the engine... (has a machine to just circulate oil through the thing and wash it out... used cheap oil) then gave it back to me once i changed the clutch cover... rode it for another 1hour or so and was running like crap and started knocking... right there n then i knew something went... just didnt think it would be the whole engine.... it would of been really interesting to know what would of happened if i went to them with a entirely blown engine because of that problem... odds are one way or another they would of found a reason not to cover me from that problem

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Oct 12 2009, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=762066
Yea... I was thinking that... but didnt work... comes up as a kawi....

I wish I had my bro's bike around when it happend cause I would of just slaped his plastics on my bike and brought it in...all I would have to do is hope they dont run the vins until after the work is done... but even then... dont know what would of happend because my engine was blown from that corrosoin.... it ran a good 30 min with milky oil I would beleive.... It stalled on me in the trails for no reason.. was scared but it started right back up... kept going untill it died down again... this time i checked everything out to notice i had no coolent... looked around to see if anythign was leaking.. no dice changed the oil and bam... so i brought it to the mechs to have him clean out the engine... (has a machine to just circulate oil through the thing and wash it out... used cheap oil) then gave it back to me once i changed the clutch cover... rode it for another 1hour or so and was running like crap and started knocking... right there n then i knew something went... just didnt think it would be the whole engine.... it would of been really interesting to know what would of happened if i went to them with a entirely blown engine because of that problem... odds are one way or another they would of found a reason not to cover me from that problem[/b]
Something else to check: if your engine did fail because of this, you may want to check the cam journels in the head to make sure they are not damaged.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My engine was overly checked out when i did the build for the 470... there where lots of little things that needed to be fixed... dont know about my cam journals... but my mech did a good over all check up on the engine and I replaced my whole head with new parts... from top to bottom... ( valves, springs, cams, cam chain ext)...

when i got it back after the 470 build everything checked out top notch minus the damn jetting...lol but got that somewhat dialed in now

Everything is more or less new in it... to the water pump propelar to some pieces of my oil pump... even my whole clutch.... Dont think there's really anything in my engine thats stock... heck i dont even have my original engine casing anymore let alone clutch cover... only thing that hasnt been completely changed out is my head... but it was checked thats for sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts