Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quad broke down a year ago it and its sat in the garage ever since. I started tinkering with it figured it was the clutch. Bought a new clutch pack and installed it tonight. When all said and done I have no pressure on the lever. I'd love any input I can get. I've been reading all the posts I can find on this to no avail.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Sounds like it isn't back together right. This happened recently to another member. I believe he put the nut for the center shaft on the wrong side of the bushing. I'll try and find the link. The thread has a parts diagram, so when you disassemble, you can see where everything goes.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Did you adjust the cable? Did you try adjusting the arm at the case?
Was there pressure on it before you started?
What made you think the clutch was bad in the first place?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt have pressure prior to installing the clutch pack so thats why i was assuming thats what it was. I adjusted the cable at the lever and at the case (pulling the cable tight).

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
What year? The 05' and up have an extra friction disc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes 2005 installed fiber steel (all of them) in that order the last plate was the anti chatter fiber plate. Correct? The diagram photo is no good wont load.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I'm on my phone, but after work tomorrow I'll post up the diagram. Sounds like the main shaft isn't connected to the case linkage (where you connect the cable on the case).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In reading the clutch question forum you sent me the guy said that it would free spin. Mine doesn't free spin it turns i'd say 90 degrees or so. Anyway I appreciate any help I can get right now.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Take your clutch cover off and get a visual of what it's doing when you pull the lever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there is a rod (shift rod?)that is free floating should it be connected at either end? doesnt seem quite right to me, when moving the lever there is no action in the clutch because there is nothing pulling it tight.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
the rod is free floating, and from the pic it looks like the flat spot on that shaft should be facing towards the left side of the case.
I don't now if this will help or not but here's a pic of a quad with a perfect working clutch. Also, you are aware of the cable adjustment about 12" or so down the cable from the lever, right?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
17 should be riding in the groove on 20. That's the rod I was talking about, make sure it's seated correctly or your clutch wont work at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay got it all together. I had to take the cable adjustment after the lever spize referred to loose almost an inch. I'm assuming its time for a new clutch cable correct? So now its running for the first time in a year. It will only run with the choke all the way open. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Clean your carb.

·
Registered
202 Posts
^definantely!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts