Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have this prob for a while now , not sure what is it ,i suspect its the clutch that i have replaced few months ago...

when im driving and puting in first gear , it will slip into neutral suddenly, its not happening evey time, but like 60% of the time .

new quality oil(motul) ,i didnt had this prob in the past(not sure when), i have done tons of work in this quad so cant track back to when it was ok....
other then that no tranny issue or any other slipping , so it doesnt make sense o split the cases at that point...

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,033 Posts
sounds like a shifter pin or the ball in the shift drum might be messed up. Or maybe your not getting it into first fully and its getting hung on a nerf bar net or skid plate.

Does it go into first without the clutch? Power shifting?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maby is related that i started to ride with a boots few months ago,maby i should try to ride with shoes, see maby im not putting it firmly into first gear as u said,
i didnt try to put into 1sf withut clutching it

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any others checks i can do that are not split the cases and check?

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
Are you sure the shift lever is springing back into place after you shift?

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
As long as it rocks back after you shift, that means the pawl lever springs are working and shift shaft probably isn’t bent. Can’t think of anything outside the case that would cause that. I’ve seen problems with certain brands of oils creating false neutrals between gears, but it’s rare. They switched oils and the problem went away. Other than that, it’s probably an internal wear problem.

Reactions: piki

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wont split the cases just for that , maby when i will do he bbk/clutch wont engage or something , ty anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts