Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im goin to be gettin a z400 here in the next couple months and im just wondering if there's any common problems people have been having with them and what to watch out for?

I know they have weak axles but is there anything else?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
The only other problem I know of is the rear brake rotor. It will be warped after your second or third ride. (your rear brake will squeak loudly and often) Most of us swapped them for a 400EX vented rotor. I have the Titax from Rocky Mountain ATV. It's a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The most common problem I've heard so far is that everybody on a raptor or any other bike for that matter complains cause you beat them with it! hehe

OutCast
88 LT500R

·
Registered
660 Posts
axle bending but i believe zuki remedied that problem. my Z is actually at the dealership right now (i'm one of the first ones to get it in my area) and the service writer told me that the new axles are different in appearance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i probabley won't be gettin one for about a month or so so u think i get a z with an updated axle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
probs

i've had the KFX a few months, the handle bars weren't tightend very well so the first time i hit a decent sized jump (50ft tabletop) i landed and the handlebars went down to my knees! 8O that's an ez fix, just tighten the 4 bolts on the stearing stem.
then my axle bent. :cry: Is that covered under warrantee?
another problem is that i CAN NOT get my float bowl screws losened from my carb. my dad can't even get it and he's a beast! other than that i love the thing. a lil better than the old mojave :twisted:

·
Registered
75 Posts
i heard that kawasaki isn't covering there axle like suzuki is. has anyone with a kfx tried to get a new one?

·
Registered
278 Posts
re:

no they aren't. Kawi didn't recieve any of the tainted axles.

as a matter of fact, when i called about my warranty i asked. they told me that the axles on the KFXs are one of the many parts actually made in Kawi plants. the axles on the first Zs were made in Suzuki plants.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was the first to get one in my area and so far, bent axle, spring off brake popped off, handle bars not tightened, rear rotor warped, and frame cracked.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cracked frame? Haven't heard of that happening to anyone yet. Any details as to where and why?

·
Registered
839 Posts
The problems I have had with mine so far are that the air pressure was really low in all of my tires on the second day I had it and my right rear tire was almost flat. I think the the tire came off the rim and reattached back on, but its held up. Also my reserve didn't work. I was riding around my house on my second tank of gas and it ran out of gas, so I turned it to reserve and it did n't work. Other than that the worst thing is keeping it clean after a days worth of riding. 8)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Who knows why it cracked, I have been riding pretty easy since I had knee surgery in Feb. and a ruptured disc that same month. It cracked right above the left front shock in the weld on the bend in the frame. I have not wrecked it so I am kinda mixed up about it, I guess that is why Suzuki is sending me a new frame under warranty. The Z looks great all but the crack so they could tell it was not abused. It was a very early model off the line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys im goin to be gettin a z400 here in the next couple months and im just wondering if there's any common problems people have been having with them and what to watch out for?

I know they have weak axles but is there anything else?
My one right rear tire wobbles abit is is a serious problem i jacked the bike up all the bolts are tight its a 2007 model ltz 400

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
You either have a bent wheel, hub, or axle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The most common problem I've heard so far is that everybody on a raptor or any other bike for that matter complains cause you beat them with it! hehe

OutCast
88 LT500R
Hi i have a ltz 400 2007 model my rear right tire hub is bent i think and my tire wobbles abit can i still ride it

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
You can ride it until it falls off if you want, but I wouldn’t. The hubs are splined, so check your axle but to be sure it’s tight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts