Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my quad checked after you guys said it was the valves and the mech. checked some stuff out and said it only has 50 lbs of compression and its susposed to have like 150 or around there. looking for how to fix it or how much it would cost to get fixed

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well mine had about 15 psi and when I took it apart it had about a 2 inch gouge in the cylinder. I went with a 92mm JE it was like 170. Boring and plating is 260+ shipping from a shop I found in lafayette called motoexperts. Then you have little things like maybe jetting for the extra CI. Gain, fluids, gaskets, etc..

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You took it to the mechanic, and he didn't tell you what it would cost to fix?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
He didn't tell you why it has low compression? Could be a few things.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i talked to him about it never mentioned a price. he thinks its the timing and needs new valves im hoping its not somthing id need a new piston for or anything expensive im on like a 300 dollar budget to get it fixed

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think maybe you need more info. It could be timing, valves, piston rings, piston, cylinder.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Gotta tear it down, check clearances, check your piston and rings, check the cylinder wall.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I brought mine the shop with bad compression (50lbs also) and ended up replacing the piston, rings, valves,seals,springs and gaskets and just cleaned up the jug. I HAD a K&N filter on it, but they said the fine sand got by the filter and just destroyed everything in the top end. After all was said and done, it cost me $400 for parts and 8hrs labor which cost $480. Never again. Next time work needs to be done, I'll take a chance and do it myself. I hope you get out of it cheaper man. GL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts