Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my buddy just recently bought an 08 Ltz. The guy he bought it from said he just rebuilt the top end and it wasn't even broken in yet. When he bought it, it ran good and was taken for a short test drive. It's been sitting in his garage for the last 2 weeks since he bought it. Today he took it out down the street and noticed oil leaking on the ground where he just pulled up the driveway. Its leaking from a pretty bad crack in the case, actually it is more of a hole. This just happened while the bike was on its 2nd or 3rd short little run down the street, as it wasn't leaking before and now its pouring out. I'm thinking when they did the top end something fell into the bottom end and just happened to get shot through the case today. Anything's possible though, I'll post a couple pictures and let me know if you guys think this case half could be salvaged or not, and possibly what would have caused this?

·
Super Moderator
4,813 Posts
Looks like a hit from the inside to me. You’ll never know what it was til you split it. Time to start searching for a new case half.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Tear it apart and find a good welder to weld it back in place and build it up then have it machined. But, that might be pretty expensive. Not sure what a case half would cost. I welded one up a while back and its still holding strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts