Suzuki Central Forum banner

How do you feel about the performance of your CT exhaust system?

• 100% satisfied. Worth every penny. Would buy again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly satisfied. Would probably buy again.

• Its O.K. Would purchase a different pipe if I had to do it again.

• Not satisfied. Can I get a refund?

• Get an LRD, Trinity, or ProCircut instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the verge of purchasing the CT exhaust. CT exhaust owners, tell us how you really feel about the performace of your pipe. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called CT and got cold feet after they told me $531.59 8O to my door. Yikes! The Pro-Circuit T4 for $389.00 shipped is looking better now :? , thats $142 in my pocket. Maybe all I need is a muffler, lol. I think I need to ride a piped Z to evalute what the hp increase is really worth. Am I confused or of just cheap? No need to answer, lol.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the ct pipe is loud as f#@K dont be fooled by dirt wheels crap. whoever pays them the most gets the best reviews. i should know i owned a ct pipe there is no way in hell it is 96db, i never got checked but im glad i didnt.
:

btw i would go for the trinity, the ct pipe is alright good top end but has no bottom compared to the hmf pipe or the mbrp. also once you use it for awhile the ct will get louder and louder since it uses packing, one thing im glad i dont have to worry about with the mbrp pipe. also the ct isnt made that good as far as craftsman ship is concerned it looks like it will fall apart after a awhile.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My full system Pro Circuit is only gonna cost me $300 $150 for each part gotta love ebay!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the ct pipe and it is very quiet for an aftermarket pipe. I have never heard another pipe equiped z or kfx that was more quiet. If you put the open end cap on it is loud but ct doesn't sell it that way any more because it doesn't make as much hp without the disk setup. I remember sand lover saying that he used the open end cap.

·
Registered
384 Posts
ive used both. the disks are still loud at least over a 100db specially after using it for a few months.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Then it needs repacking.  I have used mine for 3 months now and it is still really quiet.[/b]
yeah really quiet, yeah it needs repacking after 2 months
:. must have your spark arrestor on there real tight to make it real quiet
:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't get the sarcasm. Most pipe manufacturers recommend repacking your pipe when it gets noticeably louder, not just CT. I race in the midsouth series and there are two other z/kfx with the CT system there that sound just like mine. They are also much more quiet than 95% of the other piped quads out there. Now my turn! You really upgraded by going with that MBRP
:

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I was one of the first one to get pipe off the line, it is loud.....

as far as craftmanship is concerned, I dont have any issues with it, I race and ride rough, so it get banged around pretty good. I have both the race tip and discs, but I prefer the race tip because of more top end. The tip only provide more HP if you run without a lid than that of the discs.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was one of the first one to get pipe off the line, it is loud.....

as far as craftmanship is concerned, I dont have any issues with it, I race and ride rough, so it get banged around pretty good.  I have both the race tip and discs, but I prefer the race tip because of more top end.  The tip only provide more HP if you run without a lid than that of the discs.[/b]
i agree about the open tip it rulz for top end but it is ear drum breaking loud lol.

as far as the mbrp goes it ownz the ct pipe in low end, once i drill out the hole it will have the top end too. btw have fun repacking your pipe and in a few years well see who's pipe is still together.
:

·
Registered
80 Posts
The first CT head pipe had a linear 1"crack off a weld. I recieved a new one about a week later, without having to send back the old one. After I got the system on I had to wrestle with the system to not lay against my airbox. But while I was testing my jetting, I burned a 3" hole in my airbox. Used some aluminum stock to fix the box, them bought some special heat shield stuff to put over that. Put some additional washers behind the silencer to kick it out alittle too. Generally, a pain in the as#. I have not completed the jetting to perfection, but it does hit the rev limiter alot quicker. 8)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
What is the best jet size for a CT exhaust , K&N , & no lid ??????

CT told my to use a 155 instead of a 140

1 - 14 of 14 Posts