Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i was going to buy a exaust right now, which one should i get? Also how much hp does ct give you and does anyone know what cts site is?

2003 suzuki z-400
Dg front bumper
k&n filter
jet kit
Ac propeg nerfs
Suzuki swingarm skid

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the hp on ct, but is yoshimura full exaust or ct full exaust put out more power?

2003 suzuki z-400
Dg front bumper
k&n filter
jet kit
Ac propeg nerfs
suzuki swingarm skid

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yoshi full comp pipe

·
Registered
91 Posts
i'd like to see dyno results for a yoshi full Ti race exhaust as well.
does the CT pipe have a spark arrester or one that can be added?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I contacted Yoshimura

i'd like to see dyno results for a yoshi full Ti race exhaust as well.
does the CT pipe have a spark arrester or one that can be added?[/b]
I placed a call and emailed a request for the Dynograph depicting the RPM/HP/Torque curve for the full Ti Race System.

Hp diff aside, this is a great quad...and much better with a pipe.

take your pick.

CT looks good, FMF...always a contender, Procircuit...many race it, white bros...long history in 4 stroke tech, Yoshimura--tailor made for the Z, no spark plug changes, just remove the snorkel and put in a twin flow!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I have a ct racing full exhaust kit and I love it. In essence of all of this, keep in mind the variation of any given complete exhaust will be +/- 1 hp. Obviously, a slip on will be significant less than a complete exhaust. What I would do is review your long term goal. My intention is to build my bike from the ground up with ct racing (working on a deal with them). Everything ct racing did (and all other makers) was engineered for optimum performance. Mixing variation may result less optimum, but some people it doesn't matter. my .02

G

·
Boy...just look at those CT numbers above!

Hey Biohazard....get a dyno on the Ti system....would love to see that one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just wanted to add my $.02 to this topic. I have spent quite a bit of time around the dyno lately. My friends own a performance shop and do R&D work for a major pipe builder ( sorry, can't say who it is). Just keep in mind that every dyno is different and to make 35HP with just a pipe, rejetting and opening up the airbox is insane. On the dnyo we use ( dynojet, same as almost everyone else) a stock Z400 ( mine) made 26.3 hp at the rear wheels. Removing the stock pea shooter and sparky in the exhaust and also removing the snorkel, airbox lid, and switching to an uni filter ( rejetting also) netted a hair over 29 hp. We acquired a Yoshi complete system ( not the Ti system) and with there recommended jetting got 30.2 hp. The guys did a ton of work on there own pipe design ( not trying to sell any, not even mentioning the brand name) and got 30.8 hp on there first try ( with opened airbox and removed snorkel) but with less overrev than the Yoshi. They built version 2 with a stepped up design and recieved 31.5 hp at the rear wheels with better overrev than the Yoshi. This pipe will be marketed by the pipe company in a month or 2. We did not get a chance to dyno the CT or the Trinity pipe but feel there is no way possible a change in pipe design can make 4 hp more over the pipe they designed. I am starting to ramble, so I will just sit back and watch the replies from now on :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
well said bergy... this Z a great quad that responds well to pipe mods. if you pick any of the mentioned full pipes I am sure that you will be happy

·
Registered
88 Posts
you also need to ask the company that is getting the so-called dyno results...what type of tires are they using....CT told me they used a tire like a hoosier....Don't believe everything you read...Bergy, we need someone like you to get some "out of company" dynos done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts