Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I helped the guys @ trailtech with some technical stuff and I begged them for the clamp.

·
Registered
660 Posts
thanks for the heads up meangreen, but i knew about those z400 clamps. i was just wonderin' cuz his clamps look different from the ones that trail tech sells. btw, we get a 10% off if we mentioned that we are members of z400central.
here is the actual pm i got from a trailtech rep.

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply, been out riding for a week and got buried in work when I returned.

Call in to order and thell them you spoke to Geoff and he said Z400Central members get 10% off.

Take Care,

Geoff

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the "pro" bend because it's the straightest and I like to sit really close to the front. I would recommend the 400ex bend if you want to stay similar to stock. Both are comfortable to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Corpsie, That bar clamp looks great! Can I call TrailTech and order one? Or is it a one time deal? I just installed a set of Tag X-5 bars and have to leave the crossbar pad off so I can use the key switch and lights. I'd love to get my hands on that clamp!

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ProZ400,

You can ask them if they have any left.

The clamp doesn't fit the way they sent it, you need turn it 180 degrees so the key is far away and the lights are closer. You'll need to drill out a hole for the gas tank balancing tube.

You can get some allen head bolts but they need to be 50 or 60mm long (not the standard 40mm size). I had to drill out and file down some of the aluminum so I could use the stock bolts.

Expect to spend a good hour just to cut the aluminum and polish it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts