·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha you gave me the idea :) here ill go give ya credit

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
If you buy the CA3916 its pretty dang good fit. Oh and i put some papertowels in my snorkel so it doesn't suck it through there. (It would defeat the whole purpose of having it)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha thanks, i'm only 14 so money doesn't nessecerily flow for me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you buy the CA3916 its pretty dang good fit. Oh and i put some papertowels in my snorkel so it doesn't suck it through there. (It would defeat the whole purpose of having it)
Ya, i took the standerd duck tape route. My walmart didn't have the right size so i bought a long one and just cut it in half so when one wears out i just unseal it a reseal anouther. Oh and the heel guards arn't done i just need a welder, hmmm

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just an FYI, there are filters available that can fit directly in the lid without having to cut the filter paper/cloth. I did this on my first wheeler (250EX) years ago. It only made it louder, no re jetting, and no more performance. I do believe that on the z it would help air flow while still being a cheap mod you can do yourself.

That being said, I just run with no lid because I don't want to cut up my lid as I am saving it for when I sell my wheeler.

I like the heel guards, you have given me some ideas for my own. How has the paint held up to riding, and what have you used?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just sanded it 220 grit put 3 coats of no-name primer and two coats of blue krylon, only has about three short rides on them but are holding up well, and like i said they arn't done i just need a welder.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thought I would be the first poster, but somehow in a couple minutes there was like 5 before me hahah.

I actually do have something to add to this post though. A riser for the handle bars, and if anyone is interested let me know and I can get you dimensions. It is a lot cheaper than a new steering stem, and all it takes is a chunk of aluminum and some machining.

Here is a picture of how it looks. It doesn't have to be this nice to work, it just looks better. Mine has chamfered corners and no countersunk holes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or if you have an etra set of bar clamps..... see where im going ^ same concept haha but need longer bolts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha so anybody gonna show off there fabbed up stuff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts