Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out, I really like this idea to mount this thing. I dont like the tt dash. What I'm thinking of doing is fiberglass cover and paint or copy it out of wood. Any other ideas? I want it black when it's all finished.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Is that just in a bar pad? Not a bad idea.

If you do want sort of a smooth looking dash pod you could make a piece out of acrylic like the people do when they make custom projectors for their car

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, it's a fly racing pad. It's a stiff foam, not like the one industries type. I think I'm going to duplicate it out of pine, use a little rubber tape to prevent vibration and spray it with bed liner. It should look Awsome. I may even put a small piece of removable plexiglas to keep the nasty off it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided to go with some red oak, I'm going to spray it with black bed liner. What do you guys think so far???

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't plan on leaving the wood color, I could paint it and make it shine like fiberglass. I was just thinking the bed liner is durable and again you would never know it was wood. I know what your saying, kind of odd but it's oak, glued, and solid! Steel is too heavy and a chunk of aluminum itself would be $$$
I tried a cover but due to the reshape of the top, the pad is just a little too small.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I would definetly trim up the sides so it's not just a giant rectangle. Otherwise it's not bad unless you hit your face on it :lol

·
Premium Member
12,454 Posts
nice work............but I kind of like the idea of a pad myself.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to round it more but it will run into the vapor and not look right. There is only 1/4 inch from the rounded corner to the computer. I'm just going to have to live with it, I used to have a one industries pad and it was just a rectangle. I'm going to paint it today, maybe that will help it look better. I do really like the location, the placement is perfect to see it, like it belongs there.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pad bounced all over. I already cut the cover, you just can't tighten it up enough to keep it steady.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All done

·
Registered
109 Posts
imo keep the pad and cut out a square pad cover where vapor shows and that would give a lil style xD

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I try'd the bar pad before and besides it not fitting right, it looked bad where the pad met the vapor. I'm going to leave it how it is.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Duct tape!!! No, really, I'm making a flat Aluminum plate to go acrossed the bar mounts with a 8-32 skrew tapped into the bar mounts. Then I just bought some good Velcro I'll stick to the two aluminum plates. I'll post a pic. If that doesn't hold it good enough I'm just going to put a 1x3" plate under the L and R side under where the bars go through the notch, with rubber tape between the bar and plate! The trick is to be able to get it all apart!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts